Jun 18 2020: Snapmaker2_V1.9.0
Thank you for your suggestions on how to make the Snapmaker 2.0 better. Here comes the latest version of the Snapmaker 2.0 firmware. Your feedback is always appreciated.
Edit: We had changed the version number from X.Y.Z.W to X.Y.Z, which conformed to Semantic Versioning definition (MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH). You can check the firmware version in About Page.
- Fixed a bug where auto-leveling doesn’t disable leveling compensation before the machine starts probing.
- Refactored the code for the controller’s firmware based on FreeRTOS V10.3
- Refactored the code for touch screen’s event handling.
- Refactored the code for the implementation of quick stop.
- Refactored the code for Z-Offset
- Now the Z-Offset will be reset when you re-calibrate in 3D printing.
- Z-Offset will be memorized even after machine reboots.
- Z-Offset movement distances will be limited to -0.5mm ~ +2.0mm. We recommend you re-calibrate the machine if the Z-Offset isn’t ideal.
- You can check for or change the Z-Offset value before starting your print on the preview page or the print page. (Swipe left to access the settings).
- Reduced the maximum Y position for 3mm to prevent the slider from hitting the end of the slot on the Y linear module.
- Various improvements for the procedure of firmware update.
Notice : EEPROM will be updated in this version, which will lead to a reset for machine settings after the update.
- Firmware Update via Wi-Fi
- You can check for a new firmware version for the Snapmaker 2.0 and download the update on the touch screen through Wi-Fi.
- Change name of the machine
- You can change the name of the machine by going to Settings -> About Machine -> Edit.
- Fixed a bug where the touch screen shows the wrong order of the calibration points when using the Auto-leveling feature.
- Fixed a bug where the print settings don’t restore after a print job is recovered from Power Loss.
- Improved UI/UX for the Calibration page for 3D printing.
- Manual-Leveling for 3D printing will start at the first calibration point as intended.
This firmware update is only compatible with the Snapmaker 2.0 devices.
You can check the About page for the firmware version after the upgrade.