Y and Z axis not working after installing the printer

A350T bundle

Hi all, after very nice “building” phase of my new printer I’m now totally frustrated. Only X-axis is working. Z and Y not working. To check if I made any mistake in the assembling, I check everything again. No mistake.

Next step: I tried to switch the cables: Y in X-axis port: Y is working; Z in X-axis port: Z is working but in both cases then X-axis not working. It seams that something with the controller is causing the problem.

I’m also not able to upgrade any firmware because im still in the setup phase for a new printer and not possible to finish this because the Y and Z are not working. Any help? Close to Christmas I can sent it back to the shop and no chance to get a new one.

I’m afraid that sounds like a bad controller. The only fix for that is to contact support for a replacement.

Try this, which helped me to overcome the same situation. No it is working fine:
Seems to be, that I solved it. It is possible to update the firmware to the new V1.14.1 version. For the F…version I just disconnected the printer module and turned the machine on and it was possible to access the menu to change the firmware which I first downloaded here:
Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates and Downloads - #18 by Alan and following the instructions.
After 5 to 7 minutes the machine was updated, I turned it off and connected the printer module again and the callibration process started fine.
I hope that this helps you folks.
Enjoy

1 Like

You are so great. It works! But it is not nice that they are shipping a product iwithout new firmware not working.

2 Likes

Yesss, you are so right, I totally agree

Again: thank you so much!

I installed the firmware update and my Y and Z axis are still unresponsive. What now? :sweat_smile:

have a smoke and a beer and email support :slight_smile:
I am doing my update now…

1 Like

With power off unplug and replug everything.
Triple check that everything is properly plugged in and that you have the right rails in the right places.
You might want to try re-installing the firmware. Sometimes that will fix it.
-S

I had the same issue as the OP, I had loose connections, cables not pushed in far enough

1 Like

You need 1.14.1 - this version is not available over the air… you should download this version from the link above in the post from Balu. Put it on a stick and update the machine.

I’ll reseat the cables with the power off and reinstall the firmware today and report back. I just reallized that all 3 axis’ aren’t working so not just Y&Z . I also dropped a line to support to see if it’s something like an old controller firmware not updating or something.

It is possible that they messed up something and you need to be upgrading from a 1.13.x version. That was the first time that the heads needed to be upgraded. All the prior firmware only upgraded the controller and touchscreen. I’m not sure what firmware they’re currently shipping with. Past experience has shown it to be not very up to date.
Perhaps try upgrading to 1.13.2 from usb with all the modules. And then try 1.14.1. Or just go with 1.13.2 and see if it works. Not feeling confident in 1.14.1 from reports on FB and this forum.
-S

3 Likes