Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Update

Looking at Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates and Downloads I see firmware updates. My Snapmaker 2.0 is on version 1.8. I’d like to use the Snapmake Luban 3.12.2 Firmware Tool.

On that tab, there are two options - Controller Firmware and Module Firmware. If I want to update to Snapmaker2_V1.10.1.bin which option do I use? Being a firmware update, I don’t want to guess as it’s not clear what protections are in place for using the wrong one.

Neither of them. The Firmware tool in luban is when you crate your won firmware via the github repository. Both packages will be packed into a .bin file which you then put on a USB stick and update the formware from the Printer screen by selecting it.

Check towards the bottom, the tool is mentioned there. https://github.com/Snapmaker/Snapmaker2-Controller

I did my updates via the USB menthod sofar, dont know if there is an alternative tbh.

Doe the firmware update process of SnapMaker 2.0 mirror the process of the SM Original? Searching the online manual in Luban (latest) produces no applicable results.