SnapLinks -- Wiki

This is a collection of popular links in the forum to make it easier to find things. Please help out when you make a link to something that is useful to all and create a link to it here too. Try to place it alphabetically in the appropriate section. This is a WIKi type topic meaning anyone can edit this. Thanks - Tone

Format: Link to Forum - @ Who Contributed - External Link – Other External Link or description
Link formatting - [Name shown](actual link) – Brackets, then Parens

(NOTE: Currently this forum software only supports 10 links to people so for the time being you’ll have to omit the “@” in front of the name. Once the limit is raised we can add it back.)

OctoPi for the Snapmaker?
Just got your Snapmaker? Here are some tips and problems you may encounter
Ending GCode for Cura
Minimal Spool Reel Guide
Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)
Need a little COLOR?
Switch Rocker Symbol
[Official] Ready to Try for CNC
What might cause these effects?

Thanks @Tone

Absolutely brilliant, thanks for your effort in creating this. I am sure it will help many users.

Next!

Doug
(@Rainie)

@Doug, I did a little editing on your Fusion links so they conform to the convention:
(Forum Link) (WHO) (External Link)

Also moved them alphabetically.

Hi @Tone

My apologies, I shall take more care next time. Sometimes even old dogs can learn new tricks.

Keep having fun

Doug

I can’t take credit for the CNC Dust Fence because I just found it while exploring Snapmaker related things, but thanks for adding it. I do think it’s the best option currently on Thingiverse for people who don’t have a larger printer to make the original design. However, I could upload a remix with all pieces in one STL: they can be printed all at once on the Snapmaker.

Well done! @Tone

Thanks for summarizing and sharing these useful links.
I have considered to add a page on our website to summarize all these useful resource, and today I found you have done it! Your work may be a good foundation. I hope we could add them this or next month to our website. Really appreciate it~ :+1:

Noah

Hi @Noah and @Tone

I still think it a good idea to have a references page of useful links on your web site. I have noticed that not all forum users are aware of the SnapLink topic and I have pointed a number of users to it. Also many users on the Facebook User Group are not aware of it.

Keep having fun

Doug

Yeah, it’s a big treasure that what our users have made. We should take good use of it. :smile:

Thanks. Yes I agree, many forum users don’t explore everything on the forum like a few of us do! :wink:

Thank you very much for this!

There’s a ton of useful links for a newbie like me.

Cheers!

Dear all, I’ve added a very cool puzzle I designed for the MyMiniFactory challenge. Easy print for your SnapMaker without support or any raft settings.

https://www.myminifactory.com/object/3d-print-67909

@doug Can you please helping me out ?

I’m trying the cnc router now for the first time, but I definitely don’t know where to start !
So many questions, which like ;

• I can’t find my assets folder in F360 to add the snapmaker file, although I’ve watched different yt movies, it looks like this free student version isn’t able to change my settings ?

• I can’t unfold the file I got from the snapmaker documents folder, ?! Why isn’t it in a zip instead of this rare .tar.gz file ? How does this work.

• Is there another way to start with F360, without updating the software with snapmaker settings ? A similar system setting that wwould work ?

• So, I’ve an image, how do I get it ready for cnc milling? Which kind of CNC milling do I have to choose? Am I able to change the scale of the image, like I can using the laser engraving software/section ?!

@Rainie I think the CNC module is by far the hardest part of the Snapmaker to understand, I hope truly you, Snapmaker in General, make it more easy for absolute beginners to start with cnc milling, because I red the installation wizzard a couple of times, watched video’s and still don’t know what to do… it is demotivating to get this thing (and myself :joy:) to work.

Please give more attention to this module, as far as I’ve seen im images and video’s, it’s a realy cool thing to master. But this far, that module is staying there and waiting “So, now what?” :rofl::wink:

Hi @Meike

Alas I have not used my CNC and as such a beginner try Leonardo Deng

I believe his user-id is @Leonardo

Have fun… I will be calling on you for CNC advice

Doug

@Meike