A dust cover for CNC module

I am having issues with the link. I get a 404.

1 Like

Try https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2640428

Thank you, but I was actually looking for the one Noah posted that can be printed in pieces since it can then be printed on the snapmaker. The other one seems to be too big. I guess I could just cut it into a pieces in meshmixer myself…:thinking:

hammers are quick…

william…

I wonder if CNC chips have any static charge…?

Or if static voltage could be induced onto the chips…

This could cause the chips to be attracted to an opposite charge, like if attached to a vacuum hose nozzle…

A dust free work space would be nice…

Could help keep the innards of SnapMaker clean also…

william…

1 Like

Hi, the previous page is created by one of our users, it may be deleted now.
We upload it into our official account, here is the link: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2681764

Remember to click the “Thing Files” in the tapbar below, since the DOWNLOAD ALL FILES button doesn’t work sometimes.

thingverse is so big and messy, it’s easy to get lost…

william…

Hi @Darren @jstncrft @Rainie

A note for other newbies. This is my second ever 3D printing project. When I loaded it in the Snapmaker3D application, the software said that the project went outside the build area due to the extra length added from the raft base. The project was loaded from side to side in the build area. So I moved the project to be diagonal , problem solved. image

I am currently printing the first fence as a fast print and it looks great.
Update 1: after printing, when I tried to separate fence from raft, it split. Now reprinting with Normal Quality to see how that goes… we live and learn.
Update 2: as soon as the fence finished printing i removed it from the raft… all good. Am now printing other sides
Update 3: All finished, fro newbies like me be careful when snapping of the gate support, I actually broke the fence to the side of the gate.

Doug

2 Likes

@doug thanks for the tips. Maybe one of these days when I run out of things to print i’ll try the CNC module. What’s a good “thing” to try first?

1 Like

Hi @kelvin8r

It may be a race to who uses the CNC first, I have not tried it as yet. I will share my adventure when I succeed or fail. Hopefully others will also share there experiences.

Have a great weekend

Doug

@kelvin8r

Have you looked at the CNCcookbook site, I am yet to wade through it. see tutorials https://www.cnccookbook.com/cnccookbook-free-g-code-tutorial-course/

Doug

1 Like

@doug that’s right, you’ve been trying out the laser module. How is it? I wished i had opted to get it during the Kickstarter campaign. I will definitely get the module when they sell it.

Have a great weekend
-Kelvin

1 Like

@kelvin8r

The laser is great. I have only tested it on 150gsm white card to test it out. Soon I will get some suitable wood, leather and acrylic pieces to test. After a bit of trial and error it is great. You will have to forgive my bad photography. The first is a test sketch from Snapmaker lasered using B&W. The second is a photo image of a friend in NY using greyscale. The greyscale image was like a photo. I look froward to trying this on other surfaces. Only your imagination is the limit.

Take care and enjoy your weekend.

Doug

1 Like

That’s some nice results. Can the laser be used to cut paper? For example, to make custom paper doilies or cut out intricate designs for a spray paint mask.

It would be great to see what you can do on other materials too.

1 Like

Hi @kelvin8r

I have not specifically attempted to cut patterns with the laser; inadvertently achieved YES!!! hahaha.

One of my early suggestions to Snapmaker for the CNC (which I have not tested as yet) was to have a cutting knife attached to do vinyl/decal cutting.

The laser is only 200mw and does not really have enough oomph (a technical term hahaha) for cutting.

I will try at some stage to cut out some letters on 80gsm paper in the near future; unless some other user comes back that has tried it.

Doug

That card stock you used - can I get it through Amazon? thanks Jose

1 Like

Hello @lasvegasjose

Any good stationery store will stock different weighted papers/card. You can get textured card or cardboard; many options are available to you. I found that around the 150gsm was the lightest weight fro good testing.

Have a great week

doug

I’ve just uploaded my own (as yet untested!) fence - the openscad files are included should you wish to make it taller (the only things I’ve CNCed are coasters).

Harry.

1 Like

I found this variation on a fence, which I printed:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2805671

It’s similar to the original except that it has slots to make the fence pieces fit together better. I was able to print all 5 pieces (three regular walls, one wall with a doorway, and the door) on my Snapmaker at the same time by combining them into a single STL file in Meshmixer.

4 Likes

Hi doug why do you chose this print orientation like on yours first picture, mby is better to print diagonally like it was on last picture?