Profiles for Snapmaker 2.0

Hi all,

Attached are the Cura and Simplify3D profiles for the Snapmaker 2.0. Please refer to the following article on our website for specific settings. Thank you.

Cura Profiles.zip (2.9 KB)
Simplify3D Profiles.zip (8.3 KB)

9 Likes

is there also a PrusaSlicer Plugin available?

1 Like

Hi, so far we don’t have a plan for a prusa slicer profile yet.

Really appreciate having the Simplify3D profiles but it looks like they are all for the A150. Any plans for the A250 and A350 or at least posting what settings need to be manually adjusted?

Yes, you only need to tweek a few settings for the A250 and A350, namely the printer’s x, y, and z, and print head’s gantry height. The specifics can be found in the link provided.

I took another look at the page linked in the post but all of the specifics are for Cura, not Simplify3D. The only Simplify3D reference on the page is 

“For recommended settings in Simplify3D, please check the attached.fff. files”

Those .fff files are all for the A150. Can we either get the same detailed instructions for Simplify3D as have been made for Cura or additional .fff files for the A250 and A350?

Hey @ogundy!
You could simply edit the buildspace to your type of printer, in simplify3d, edit process, take your profile, G-Code/ Build-Space
It is not more.

Hint: Maybe set the “Wait for heatbed temperature” to YES.

1 Like

Hi, you can import the .fff files for the A150, and change the settings for the x, y, z, and gantry height values for your model. Then you should be good to go : )

Hi,

What settings you used for the machine as the x and y min cannot be greater than 0

1. what type of printer do you use?
  2. which slicer do you use?

what means the x and y min?- explain it please

I am using cura 4.5 mac, any why I can’t change the Infill settings with the downloaded profile. anyone know?

thanks

@Edwin @JKC20 Could we get this pinned or locked at the top of the SM2 page?

I don’t want to make the forum seem clustered. There would be too many pinned threads if we pin every single one of the useful resource topic.

Having said that, I am thinking about including this thread as a link in another thread Tone made a long time ago and pin that to the top.

Sounds good. Thanks! People will always be looking for the cure settings. Understand about clutter.

1 Like

I’ve seen a few posts about Cura settings, and I seem to share the problem that the retract speed setting causes issues with Cura (it won’t accept the 60mm/s and errors out) and also the Min X and Y values won’t enter for a value above 0. Anyone used the profile/settings successfully?

I used the settings successfully on the A350. I did change the negatives to positives in those one boxes though

Can I confirm if my Cura settings for the A250 are correct? The recommended settings in the link seem to be for an older version of Cura. I am not able to set the X min and Y min values as shown; I can only set them as negative.

Also, I’m wondering what exactly those values under “Printhead Settings” mean, especially the gantry height. Does this matter for the Snapmaker?

1 Like

Hopefully the pictures help everyone to get a better understanding of the cura settings.

5 Likes

@Jmiller0628 Thanks for the images, I understand the X & Y min/max measurements now.

A question about the gantry height: is it measured from the bottom of the horizontal linear rail to the bed? If so, what height should the rail be at when measuring the gantry height?

1 Like

I think it’s from the tip of the nozzle to the bottom of the linear module.

1 Like