Printing with Cura on the Snapmaker 2.0

Hi folks!

I don’t tend to visit the forums much - usually spending my time in the Snapmaker Facebook groups, but thought I’d pop in and post this for those who might be looking to use Cura with the Snapmaker 2.0 instead of Snapmaker Luban. Also for those who might have had trouble trying to get it to work.

Initially, my goal was to get some decent PLA profiles printing well, and I’ve tried these with Snapmaker PLA as well as Eryone PLA, Silk PLA and PLA+. For regular PLA, keep the nozzle at 200°C. For Silk PLA, bump it up to 210° and for Eryone PLA+, bump it up to 220°.

I posted my initial profiles to GitHub a couple of weeks ago, but I finally got the video finished off and posted live earlier today, so enjoy! Any questions, feel free to drop them below. :slight_smile:

You can download the SM2.0 PLA profiles for Cura here.

7 Likes

Thank you for all the work this must have taken. It is very much appreciated.

One query though, when setting up the A350 machine settings shouldn’t the gantry height be 330? I’m basing this on the information provided here: What is the recommended 3D printing settings in Cura or Simplify3D for Snapmaker 2.0? – Snapmaker. In your video you have it set to 30 not 330.

Regards
Mark

The gantry height is the height between the bottom of the X axis gantry rail and the tip of the nozzle. It’s to let the printer know how much clearance there is when Cura is printing multiple parts one at a time (rather than all at once, one layer at a time).

If the gantry height is set to 330mm, then that means that Cura thinks there’s 330mm of height between the tip of the nozzle and the bottom of the X axis gantry. This means that when it moves from one part to the next, it thinks the X axis is way higher than it really is, potentially causing it to impact a previously printed model instead of going over the top of it.

If you mouse over the “Gantry Height” box in the machine settings, the tooltip explains this. :slight_smile: