Cura settings for the A350

I am looking to print 32mm scale miniatures and I am finding I need tree supports which are only offered in Cura. I would also like to put a 0.2mm nozzle on the hot end so I can get the best quality possible.
I tried following all the info I could find online and when I exported the gcode the bed didn’t heat up and the filament was extruding only spottily. Can I pay someone for an hour of their time to tell me how to set up my profile to print good miniatures? We can zoom.

May you post a model as stl here to get more insight what is to print?
I have not set up cura so far…

This will print at about 24mm tall.

Have you used the setup found on the forum here? It took me a bit to find it when I looked for it a while back, but it’s from Snapmaker. This is the post I used, just click to go to the Snapmaker support site which has the info:

I did. Although I am not confident that I got it right because my gcode did not heat the bed and the machine had trouble reading it… I had to try 3 times. Really, I need someone who is confident with the program to spend some time showing me how to set things up. Luban was so easy… Cura seems infinitely more difficult.

Ah, gotcha. Cura can be daunting, especially if you happened to toggle all the settings as visible. It took me a bit of guess work, some informative Googling and some trial and error to use it. I would try to help you more in depth, but have exams and reports due the next few days. The post I linked also included a zip file with Cura profiles for 3D printing, which might help if you haven’t imported them to Cura already.

Good luck!

1 Like

I downloaded the latest version of Cura today (4.6.1) and uploaded the snapmaker profile. When I stick to exactly the snapmaker high quality profile it comes back with an error - unable to slice.

Hey, @candogsrolldice i just downloaded the 4.6.1, configured the printer and loaded the profiles.

All 3 profiles (fast, high, normal) work.-
Which error occurs?

I have "Unable to slice with the current settings. The following settings have errors: Extruder prime X position, retraction retract speed, retraction prime speed, wipe retraction speed, wipe retraction retract speed, wipe retraction prime speed, retraction speed, wipe retraction speed. "

I have changed nothing from the profiles and I don’thonestly know enough to even make changes to those settings.

So now that I’ve tried a few profiles and played with the extruder percentages, I see that in the actual configuration of the machine the numbers are all messed up. The guide says X min 20mm, Y min 10mm, X max 10mm, and Y max 10mm.

When I look at what the machine defaults to from search entry the X min is -41.4mm, Y min -45.8mm, X max 63.3mm, Y max 36, Gantry height 60mm.

It will not allow me to change these numbers. I don’t know why. I have uninstalled the printer profile multiple times and tried to do manual entry and it hasn’t worked.

I was hoping to use Cura for the tree supports too, and the Cura profile provided at the link won’t slice files (gives me errors if I try to)… I’m going to test using Autodesks Meshmixer to add tree style supports in the meantime (got a print I’ll try today), and will report how I go with it.

Might be an option in the meantime.

I figured it out! If you go manage printers>add new> non network printer> custom> then input the numbers for your appropriate machine. I managed to get a great print off the machine today using tree supports and the fat dragon gaming Cura profile for the Ender 3. She’s only 22mm tall (and accidentally missing an arm) and while she’s not perfect, she’s infinitely better than I’ve ever got.

4 Likes

Can you post a screen grab of your settings page please

1 Like

Can we get a screen grab of your settings? I am struggling with this currently.

1 Like

I used the settings from the support page,

and they worked fine on my A350.

I did move one line in the startup gcode, as mentioned in the support comments, since the heated bed takes a very long time to heat up, I wait for it before homing, and starting the extruder.

My Start Gcode:

M140 S{material_bed_temperature} ;Start heating bed
    M190 S{material_bed_temperature} ;Wait for bed to reach temp before proceeding
    M104 S{material_print_temperature} ;Start heating extruder
    G28 ;home
    G90 ;absolute positioning
    G1 X-10 Y-10 F3000
    G1 Z0 F1800
    M109 S{material_print_temperature} ;Wait for extruder to reach temp before proceeding
    G92 E0
    G1 E20 F200
    G92 E0

Here is a screenshot if it helps

3 Likes

I’d you do some searching on forum you will find some profiles specific for miniatures. That i and others have posted. Also there is a couple of plug-ins, one to let you send files from cura to the snapmaker directly. And another that explains each option in great detail.

1 Like

The guide says X min 20mm, Y min 10mm, X max 10mm, and Y max 10mm.

I have the same problem - my Cura won’t accept those settings :frowning:

Hi,

I made this native definition file for Cura. Feel free to use/change. The only quality settings that I have tested is the high, normal and fast, which is also very much based on the settings provided by Snapmaker.

Install by copying the resource folder to the cura installation folder.

https://github.com/SeaquestNet/snapmaker2

Regarding the printhead settings, they should look something like this, however this is not correct either cause this does not account for the gantry/boom/x-linear axis being behind the printhead. However this is only used when option “Print one at a time” is used.

I tested this yesterday and the gantry will actually crash into already printed parts. Y min would probably need to be the distance from the nozzle to the back of the gantry for that to work. But like I said above, this is only used if “print one at a time” is used.

4 Likes

What prIntspeed do you use ??

This pararameter do I use:
grafik

3 Likes

I go way slower than you. I usually print at 0.2mm layerheight and around 15-25 wallspeed. Do you get good quality when printing that fast?

1 Like