Profiles for Snapmaker 2.0

In the picture that has the box that says “This is Gantry Height” I tried to illustrate that that box is the gantry height. it is from the bottom of the nozzle to the bottom of the gantry.

Ahh I get it now. Thank you!

Thank You!
I have SM A350 as my first 3D printer. Digging around and did not understand Luban SW.
In here I first time saw Cura and Simplify 3D .
Tried with Cura, but was unable to enter required dimensions at setup.
then tried Simplify 3D . Downloaded its setting at here and modified/edited laterin Simplify 3D
Now I print my second part with Simplify3D and it is easy to follow.
Using Fusion 360 for design, then under File =>Import . Then saved as STL or OBJ file format. Both working OK. And looks lot quicker. One thing is definetly settings difference compared to Luban.
Only thing is, that using USB for print file transfer. No direct usb or wifi connection to PC. Works like a charm.
Made test prints and measured later with digital caliper and it is usually ± 0,05 mm tolerance from design.

Thank You again !

1 Like

@staff Instead of trying to provide profile for all software that the community uses, better would be to provide all the technical requirements and measurements, so the community could build these profiles. People should be able to use the software that they already use in their workflow. And optionally learn a new one (Luban). Finally, Snapmaker could have profiles for the most popular software used by the community, curated by Snapmaker and provided in a centralized place such as the Download page.

This thread relates to this one -> Fusion 360 additive Manufacture Profiles

5 Likes

@Edwin Someone from staff or no one @ staff cares about?

1 Like

@JKC20 For Simplify3D, I imported the FFF files above - but for my A350 I changed these values, but I want to be sure this is correct.

I notice the g-code start and end look way less than what is in the Cura section: see screenshot from the imported FFF file.

In the link(https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044341034), the Cura info lists these in the g-code:

1. Start G-code and End G-code

Start G-Code

G28 ;home
G90 ;absolute positioning
G1 X-10 Y-10 F3000
G1 Z0 F1800
G92 E0
G1 E20 F200
G92 E0

End G-Code

M104 S0 ;extruder heater off
M140 S0 ;heated bed heater off (if you have it)
G92 E0
G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament a bit before lifting the nozzle, to release some of the pressure
G28 X0 Y0
M84 ;steppers off

Also, @NilartPax what do you mean by “change the negatives to positives”? Can you provide screenshots?

1 Like

@ConsummatePro If you’d like you can reference my S3D profile I posted here and compare what I changed as well: Snapmaker 2.0 Initial Calibration Settings / Experiences

1 Like

@JKC20 Please update the support article to have correct Cura print head settings as discussed in this thread? I found the support page first, and this forum page (with better info) second, so changing the support page would make it easier for the next person. Thanks.

5 Likes

@JKC20 Quick Question.

In the article, the image of the settings shows different Start G-Code than in the step 5. Namely the visible addition of the commands:

• M104 S205
  • M140 S70
    Which appear to be related to the temp of the bed and the extruder. Do I need these additions?

Are you asking about Cura or Simplify3d

The values on your pasted Gcode are specific temperatures (specifically saying 205 nozzle and 70 bed), while in the slicer pre-code you are going to want the variable definitions instead. otherwise any temp settings you have wont kick in at the start of the print until the gcode commands a temperature change (if it does at all)

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating extruder

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating bed

you will also want to command the machine to wait until those temperatures are reached before proceeding with printing with these commands after that:

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for bed to reach temp before proceeding

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for extruder to reach temp before proceeding

That is for cura - which specifically uses the initial layer temperatures as the starting points. The original post has an error and does not use the initial layer settings. i had to fiddle around to figure that out.

if simplify3d, the verbiage might be a hair different i would have to check when i get home for you.

I was trying to use Cura and the sample provided included the M104, M140 in the image, but not in the text version. I was asking if I needed the M104, M140 and it seems like I do.

So if I am understanding you correctly, this is my new settings.

1 Like

Sorry, let me just paste you my entire start gcode

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating extruder

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Start heating bed

G28 ;home

G1 X-10 Y-10 F3000

G1 Z0 F1800

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for bed to reach temp before proceeding

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Wait for extruder to reach temp before proceeding

G92 E0

G1 E1 F200 ;extrude 1mm @ 200mm/s feedrate (prime)

G92 E0

As you have it now, it could work to just move the wait for temp up

but right now you have it extruding 20mm before the temperature is reached.

on mine, G1 E1 F200 is the priming method I use, which means extrude 1mm at 200 mm/s, yours is set to extrude more than that, which is fine.

The snapmaker code likes to extrude 20mm to prime, and then wipes it off on the corner of the bed, so its a lot different than mine is

you could just leave it all alone except moving up the wait for temps to above the E20 or just paste mine instead.

I actually was considering going back to the extrude longer and wipe method snapmaker provided originally instead of my small prime anyhow. but the important part is the layer_0 to have the intial layer temp work.

1 Like

This is perfect. I appreciate the comments, It really helps.

2 Likes

@MooseJuice Did you end up going back to extruding 20mm? I worry that only priming with only 1mm might not be enough (or does SM just want us buying more filament :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:)

Hi there,

I havent done it yet, but i still plan to

the 1mm prime idea was presented by someone with far more knowledge than me and im sure for him it works, but i really need to push a lot more material out for my stuff to work out.

Instead i tend to print several skirt lines to prime the nozzle. i need many inches of filament before it really starts flowing well.

this works well for me, but if i am printing a ton of little items its a pain in the butt on my slicer.

1 Like

These profiles hardcode default_material_print_temperature=205, material_print_temperature_layer_0=205, material_bed_temperature=50, material_bed_temperature_layer_0=70, material_print_temp_prepend = False and material_bed_temp_prepend = False (and possibly other settings as well) which prevents Cura from using any material-default temperature values. Was this on purpose? It makes switching materials a headache as you always need to manually set these values rather than rely on the built in material library.

You need to create material profiles in Cura.

In the Cura preferences dialog, choose Materials. You can create your own material profiles. Snapmaker does not have a material profile in Cura.

I have many material profiles - my issue seems to be that, unless I’m mistaken, the Snapmaker profiles linked here (Fine, Normal, and Fast) seem to explicitly disable the inheritance of their values. If I edit my profiles manually in the config files on disk to remove the lines I referenced and add lines such as
material_final_print_temperature = default_material_print_temperature then the temperature settings in the ‘Print Settings’ pane will reflect the material values

I have been using these and they seem to respect per-material profiles (e.g. Generic PLA, and the manufacturer-specific ones downloaded from Cura Marketplace).

EDIT: hmm, those have the same keys set. I may have overridden the values myself and forgotten it.

are there up-to-date ones for current snapmaker with dual extrusion head, quick swap, different official nozzles sizes etc ?