Advice for the New Guy?

@Atom Yeah, I changed the k-factor which helped a wee bit. But I think I finally got one I’m happy with. It’s gluing ATM. Just got to find a way to take out that little lip of elephant’s feet and I’ll be ready to paint! It’s for a friend so I’m hoping it turns out well.

I took a peak at Cura and getting it set up, but there’s some different ways to set up an A250 printer on there. On the actual snapmaker site: https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360044341034-What-is-the-recommended-3D-printing-settings-in-Cura-or-Simplify3D-for-Snapmaker-2-0- it says to use those settings, but I can’t set the printhead settings to that, it won’t accept any value for min unless it’s negative or zero. On the forums this guy says to measure them yourself: Profiles for Snapmaker 2.0 but they are wildly different. Do printhead settings even matter?

@xchrisd I’ll try the extruded part, though I think it may be just printing a wee bit too fast. They were all at 100%. And yeah, the beginning of those flat wings are tiny. Putting the layer height higher actually helped with adhesion for some reason.

I had the hardest time getting the k-values to work. I gave up on it and set the value to 0.8 as people recommended. Just barley tried it again. I guess I didn’t hit generate when I deselected origin, but now it works!

I’m getting conflicting information here, so I tried both keeping the gcode the same and setting the k to lower case. I…didn’t notice a change in the print. Did they update the firmware so it doesn’t matter? Ironically, both prints the 0.0 k-value actually seemed the straightest.

I slowed the speed value down just a bit from the default. It’s 20, 60 now, but I think that’s still a bit fast. My k-value now is 0.9 as I raised it from 0.8. That was before I got this test working though.

1 Like