Luban V4.5: Known Issues & Corresponding Solutions

Hi Makers,

We’re collecting the issues you’ve encountered when using Luban V4.5 and trying to solve them asap. Please record the problems in this topic and I will sort them out and update the corresponding solution (once we figure it out) in the main post. Also, you can search for similar issues and solutions in this thread first if you have problems with Luban V4.5.

Appreciate any feedback!

Issue 1: Have chosen the 10W Laser Module in Luban, but it still shows 1600mW in Machine Settings.
Solution: It’s UI bug. If you choose 10W once, the relative settings will take effect immediately even if it still shows not as so. Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 2: The nozzles didn’t heat up after the printing starts with the G-code generated by Luban.
Solution: The nozzle will be heated after the bed heats up (They previously heat up simultaneously). Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 3: The support settings in the default Precise & Strong configuration is Normal.
Solution: It should be None. Bug. Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 4: Failed to manually delete the support structures that are generated automatically.
Solution: Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 5: Failed to slice the test model (vase) and stuck at 10% during the previewing.
Solution: You could skip the Beginner’s Guide process. Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 6: The prime tower disappears after first copying the model and then undoing the copying.
Solution: You could skip the Beginner’s Guide process. Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 7: The imported CNC or Laser project loses custom configurations and doesn’t show preset configurations.
Solution: Will be solved in the next update.

Issue 8: Luban crashes during slicing.
Solution: Luban v4.5 doesn’t support macOS 10.13/10.14 and older versions. Please check this first. To download previous versions of Luban, visit our Github Release Page. If you are a dual-extruder user while your OS is not supported by Luban 4.5, you could try other slicers. We’ll try to collect profiles of other slicers for the dual-extruder posted by others in the forum and create a collection topic in the future.

Issue 9: Luban v4.4 or older versions cannot update inside the software (via the updates notification window).
Solution: It’s a known issue on some Macs. If this happens, download the v4.5 installer from our Github Release Page.

Issue 10: Couldn’t use Luban v4.5, so re-install Luban v4.4. But this error message keeps popping up for whatever the model: “the slicing failed because the model is too small.”
Solution: It could be some configuration file errors. You could try these steps to solve it:

1. Find the configuration file in the following path and back it up somewhere else.
  • Windows OS: C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\snapmaker-luban\snapmaker-recover
  • macOS: /Users/admin/Library/Application Support/snapmaker-luban/snapmaker-recover

Note: Replace admin in the path with your username.

1. Delete the whole snapmaker-luban folder (the one in the path above) .

2. Reinstall Luban v4.4.

Issue 11: Abnormal configurations, like missing entrys for the heated bed temp. in settings
Solution: You could try these steps to solve it:

1. On Luban, click Settings > Backup Config, and then click Open Config Folder.

2. Delete the configuration folder that you think is abnormal (in your case, it’s the printing folder).

3. Re-launch Luban and check if the problem persists (Luban will re-create the normal configuration files).

3 Likes

Just unboxed our A350 and finished assembling. Updated the printer firmware to the latest and Luban to 4.50 on Mac OS 12.6.1. The test model (spiral vase) will not slice; It’s always stuck on Previewing G-Code... 10% no matter what slicer profiles I choose.

1 Like

Hi ,
my luban doesn’t work can you help me ?

if I use library project it block at the begining !

thank you !

ps : can you send the last LUBAN version ?

Hi seaner, you can just skip this beginner’s guide. We’ll solve this soon. :blush:

It might be that Luban v4.5 doesn’t support your operating system. To download previous versions of Luban, you can visit our Github Release Page.

Hi,
I really appreceate that Luban is now showing German text in the entry masks for the settings.
But, is it possible, that the temperature for the heated bed is missing in version 4.5.0 … at least for German language?
There is no setting for the bed temperature in the German entry masks, not for the material settings and not for the printing mode settings!
I found that the generated gcode has just one entry for “M140” at the very end of the gcode, were the bed heater is switched off !

Hi mring, could you please upload a screenshot?

Not sure if this the correct place to report this or not.I’m running Luban 4.5 on Windows 11 machine. When I save projects with any number of imported stl objects from Blender3.3 and reopen the snap3dp file there is nothing in the file. No imported objects, no file information or presets. Files are 4 and 5k a piece. Get a saved file message when saving so it sounds like everything is good until I open the file and have nothing in it.Tried reinstalling after deleting Cura thinking there may have been issues between the two but no change.

Hi BStarry, I’ve sent you a email containing a sample project. Could you please open it in Luban and see if the model and parameters can be displayed?

Hi Riskey,

here are two screenshots.

My Luban crashes every time after “homing” with a USB connection. So I send a file via USB to my SM 2.0 with 10W laser or CNC. Before starting the file the machine want’s to go to the home position. After that Luban is freezing.

You can try these steps to recover the abnormal configuration files:

1. On Luban, click Settings > Backup Config, and then click Open Config Folder.

2. Delete the configuration folder that you think is abnormal (in your case, it’s the printing folder).

3. Re-launch Luban and check if the problem persists (Luban will re-create the normal configuration files).

1 Like

Bug: MacOS, all menus are greyed/inactive when in Workspace view, preventing the application from being hidden or quit.

Bug: MacOS, when Luban is running it prevents the machine from entering sleep mode.

Annoyance: MacOS, difficult to select or replace slicing values in fields. Can’t tab into them, double-clicking in the field rarely selects all the content, an awkward click-drag action is required which is quite bothersome and time consuming.

On Windows 10…

Issue: on the 3D printer slicing page, when clicking on “More Settings” program errors with “Something went wrong. Please restart the app.” Restarting does not solve the issue.

Solution that worked for me: delete the Snapmaker-Luban folder from the Windows AppData hidden system folder.

1 Like

Deleting the printing folder solved the problem with the missing settings.
But I just wonder, how I can restore all my previous settings for my recently printed materials, like PLA, PETG, TPU and so on?
I tried to restored the files from the printing folder from the previous Luban version, but I found, that Luban 4.5.0 does not work with this files.
When I checked the files with an editor, I found, that the config files for the new version contain much more information, than the ones for the older version.
Is there a way ro restore the prevous working settings to Luban 4.5.0., as all settings files of the new version are all containing factory default values?

Hi,
the if the check software button is presses an error occurs… see pic
It was in 4.5.0 and also in 4.5.1 the same
In older versions it works fine

1 Like

I am still having WiFi issues. I did note that the SM 2.0 worked better if I used a 2.4 GHz dedicated wifi SSID. It worked for a while. But now is really not working really well. Thoughts?

I will ask the R&D colleague about this, but the Chinese New Year holiday has started, so the reply would possibly not come back very soon… sorry for that :sob:

Could you please provide your OS info?