Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

Welcome Dr_Elmer. Lots of us ‘old’ IT folks here.

1 Like

Hi All,
I’m Steve from Brisbane Australia.
Looking forward to receiving the 350 and learning from the experienced users through this forum.
Cheers,
Steve

3 Likes

Welcome Steve

You will have fun

I too am from Brisbane, in Holland Park and I have my A350…arrived on the 8th

Doug

Welcome from Canada. Lots of help and advice here and in the Facebook group

1 Like

@Rainie @vusajmiste18 Hello, I am Dwayne. My wife and I just pre-ordered a Snapmaker 2.0 A350. She uses 3D printers extensively at the University, and we both need a way to create PCBs. She works mostly with Windows, and I work exclusively with Linux when possible. She has verified Snapmaker supports the file types for her systems at work, but I create schematics and PCBs using KiCAD. I am not sure yest if I can etch or mill a board using this system from files created by KiCAD.

2 Likes

Hi there. I live in the US and am more interested in stoneworking/woodworking (subtractive) than working with plastics. Ordered an A350 a couple of days ago, and I believe it’s backordered through June.

I was involved in the reprap community but never had enough time to fix my MendelMax.

2 Likes

I have a Snapmaker 1 and love it. I added a Creality Ender 3 because I needed a bigger platform and the results from it are poor. I have an issue with the Snapmaker software that has troubled me from the beginning. The resolution of my monitors is 1920 x 1080. When I call up the software the printing on the settings and the help that pops up when I mouse over one of the settings is so small that i cannot read it. I am currently running version 2.5.5 of the 64-bit Windows software and I just downloaded 2.7.1 but have not yet installed it. Has this been fixed or do I need to lower the resolution of my monitor when I am using the software?

1 Like

Hi, please try the latest version first to see if the problem is resolved. If it persists then could you post a screenshot of the setting you are talking about? Thank you.

Hi @vonnind @JKC20

I am running Windows 10 with a monitor resolution of 1920x1080 and the newer SnapmakerJS 2.7.1 and the help tool-tip looks OK; see image below

Have a great weekend

Doug

1 Like

Hi, I’m jon bought the snapmaker to do projects with my two daughters.

5 Likes

Welcome. Lots of help here and in the FB group.

Sorry to be so late in responding and saying thank you. I had hand surgery and it put me out for a while. I loaded the 2.7.1 version of the software but no difference. I am running Windows 7 (I HATE Windows 10) but it looks like I will have to upgrade. I do have a program that makes Windows 10 work like W7 so I probably will put that on my computer. I am anxious to see how that works. I am running an NVIDIA GeForce card with dual Samsung 22" monitors off an Alienware computer. with striped 2TB drives. I will let you know what happens.

Hey @vonnind,- this should be a forum thread.
try to set the “scaling and arrangement” setting to more than 100%.
This helps me with 26" 4K Display,- running 4k resolution (Scaling 200%).
otherwise running workaraounds with high dpi mode or compatibly-mode of the app would also work.
chris

1 Like

My name is Henri De Roule. I use my company name, Vonn Industries, as a user name. i really don’t know why. Habit, I guess.
I just opened the software in a browser window and everything is perfect. Why it isn’t otherwise I don’t know. I couldn’t find the “scaling and arrangement” control in the software and I would like to just run it on my computer rather than in my browser. (I have too many windows open at once as it is.)

Thanks for the information. If anyone else has a workaround, please let me know.

Regards,

Henri

Welcome Henri!
Please make a new thread or search for a similar topic on the forum :wink:

Attached is a screen print of my displays of the Snapmaker 2.7.0 software. The left is how it displays and the right is how it displays using the web on my Alienware computer. If you look at the right hand side where the controls are you can see that it is almost impossible to read when in local mode but displays perfectly in web mode.

Regards,

Henri

(Attachment Local vs Web views.pdf is missing)

Sorry, I guess you don’t accept .PDF so here is the screenshot I referred to in my earlier email in .DOCX format.

Local vs Web view.docx (369 KB)

Hello everyone I’m Robb from Minnesnowda in the USA. Recently picked up a SM Original off of ebay a couple of weeks ago and have been busy learning Fusion 360 and printing prototypes. Tonight is my foray into PETG and I have to say not too bad it is the second attempt so I’m quite pleased that tonight I got it to print. I do need help addressing some odd artifacts I’m seeing in both SMjs and Cura slices but currently I’m not allowed to make a post of my own yet and haven’t found the right one to tag on to. Well that’s it for now. Stay safe and may God or your higher power look after you during these trying times.

1 Like

Hi,
i am Wolfgang from Vienna.
Received the A350 some weeks ago, but out of a medical treatment had no time to start it until now.
I have a small company for furniture rentals, and paln to print some helpfull parts, or some that you wont get anymore…
As well as some hobby stuff for taking pictures underwater…

Regards,
Wolfgang

3 Likes

Wolfgang

Welcome to the party…have fun

Doug