Add Command `M600` in Your G-Code File

Step 1, Find the layers in Snapmaker Luban.

After you generate G-code in Snapmaker Luban, you can see the number of layers in the 3D printing section.

Please find the layers in which you want to change the colour.

Step 2, Insert M600 in G-code file

You can find use Ctrl + F to find the layers, in which you want to switch the filament, and then insert M600 before the layers start.

For example, if you want to switch the filament in layer 11, you need to insert M600 when layer 10 ends.

6 Likes

This is a great start, but is there any way to add a terminal so we can enter the changes to G-Code in the window rather than opening a code editor and saving?

The big new thing is the ability to run the code M600!
In other slicing software the color change code can be added automatically.

So I’ve entered M600 properly. The printer stopped and allowed me to switch the filament which I did but how will it resume? It just stays in place once switching?

@nissguy @rojaljelly
Sorry that I was out of the office yesterday.

Our software team is planning to add the automatically switch layer feature. We have been aware that the change-filament feature means a lot to users.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Happy International Labors’ Day.

Edwin

You can load the new filament and then resume the print via the touchscreen.

It is the same mechanism with the filament run-out feature.

Edwin

Works as advertised-I tried a couple of experiments with this over the weekend:

This was 2 colour changes manually added to the gcode, which is a little more obvious in profile (the ball at the top was printed separately and glued on):

1 Like

Nice work. Thank you for sharing your print.

We plan to add this feature in Snapnamaker Luban so that you can insert the M600 in the software.

Edwin