Where is my snapmaker 2.0

I have been trying to get a straight answer from Snapmaker support regarding the location of my shipment. The website says my order shipped on October 31, 2020. I’ve been told me shipment had arrived in the US sometime in mid November yet FedEx still hasn’t received the package. So far I am not impressed with the customer support I have received.

My understanding is that FedEx receives the package once it’s gone through US customs. Getting stuff from China through customs seems to be hit or miss.

I understand the need to pass customs. But two months is a ridiculous time for a package to sit in customs. I don’t believe that is a valid explanation.

1 Like

I recon you will have it in the next couple of weeks.

Mine took just as long to get here from the shipping date too.

The slow boat takes time to process, its got a lot of goods on it…

It hasn’t been sitting in customs for 2 months.
The company that handles shipping and customs for SM creates a label when they’re notified to expect it. Somewhere between being loaded on the boat, at sea, being unloaded, sitting in customs or waiting to be handed off to fedex.
Unfortunately SM does an awful job of letting people know when and where their’s is.
I got my shipping notification a few days after I received it.
-S

1 Like

I was told by SM support that it has been in the US pending custom clearance since mid November.

1 Like

How long ago did you order it? Trying to gauge here how long the wait times actually are as Snapmaker are often quoted on social media saying their production rates have increased and that shipping times are coming down.

Order August 30, shipped October 31. Still not package. :-(.

Mine took similar time from shipping through customs and final delivery. Give it a couple more weeks. I ordered mine in Dec 2019. Was to be delivered in June didn’t get it till November. COVID was partly to blame. It is worth the wait.

Yesterday I received Box 1 of 3. Today I learnt that the other two boxes travelled via a completely different route with a different tracking number and are enroute. I am in WA, Australia. Box 1 went via NSW, Box 2+3 via VIC. I’m told that Box 2+3 will arrive tomorrow.

Here’s the dates that I have:

• 29-Aug-2020 Ordered - notified via email
  • 16-Dec-2020 Shipment Notification - notified via email
  • 05-Jan-2021 Delivery of box 1 of 3 - personal

Box 1 of 3:

• 21-Nov-2020 Shipment Processed
  • 02-Dec-2020 Departed Facility in CHINA
  • 14-Dec-2020 Your shipment data is lodged, NSW
  • 15-Dec-2020 Clearance processing complete, NSW
  • 29-Dec-2020 Arrived at Sort Facility, NSW
  • 30-Dec-2020 Estimated Arrival by 05-Jan-2021
  • 05-Jan-2021 We’re processing your shipment, WA
  • 05-Jan-2021 Your shipment’s with a driver, WA
  • 05-Jan-2021 We’ve delivered your shipment, WA

Box 2+3 of 3:

• 25-Nov-2020 Shipment Processed
  • 02-Dec-2020 Departed Facility in CHINA
  • 14-Dec-2020 Your shipment data is lodged, VIC
  • 15-Dec-2020 Clearance processing complete, NSW
  • 30-Dec-2020 Arrived at Sort Facility, VIC
  • 30-Dec-2020 Estimated Arrival by 05-Jan-2021
  • 08-Jan-2021 We’re processing your shipment, WA
  • 08-Jan-2021 Your shipment’s with a driver, WA
  • 08-Jan-2021 Estimated Arrival by 08-Jan-2021
  • 08-Jan-2021 We’ve delivered your shipment, WA

Update:

Box 2 + 3 arrived today, 8-Jan-2021.

Box 2 + 3 from my order were given a different tracking number and arrived via a different route. The customs clearing agent was unable or unwilling to supply any details unless I could provide a tracking number, which I didn’t have. I contacted SM for the additional tracking number and once I had that, the customs agent was able to track the shipment.

The local courier company was also able to locate the shipment paperwork via my delivery address after some effort. The shipment was also expected to be delivered on the same day as Box 1. The courier company advised me that they were trying to locate the actual boxes in their system. Today I was notified that the shipment was with a driver and it was delivered.

I have not yet opened my boxes, but they appear in good condition and I will be unpacking over the weekend.

2 Likes

I ordered around the same time as you and received notification it shipped late November. After hearing nothing for over a month I contacted customer service Dec 22nd and customer service said mine shipped Oct 31st. I check the FedEx tracking number customer service gave me all the time but it’s status has never changed from “label created”. I don’t believe that this late in the year it’s taken 2 months for a package to ship from China to the US, quarantine or not. This is obnoxious.

I am having the same issue. I ordered my Snapmaker 2.0 in August, with a projected delivery date of November! To add to my frustration, it seems impossible to determine the status of my order.

If anyone has had any luck at all in this matter, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I ordered in 2019.

It came in July of this year.

From the time it shipped to when I received it, it must have been 6-8 weeks.

It takes a long time to get there.

1 Like

Here in Germany the shipment is organized together with a local import/export company (was printed on the package sticker). I placed my order at the 21.09.2020, got the shipment information at the 04.12.2020 and received it at 17.12.2020 my SM2. It was delivered by UPS (Thanks, not FedEx. FedEx is the most uncomon shipment service here in Germany)

I ordered mine 12/29/2019, got my first tracking notification 12/9/2020 that it was in CA, and that information is the last thing I’ve heard. It’s irritating to see that people ordered in 2020 and already have theirs, but I can’t do anything about that.

I’m not impressed by the customer service, and losing a year of work with new tech is frustrating. By the time I get it, there will be new and better equipment and products entering the market, and I have missed out on a whole year of learning to work with the tools. I can only hope it will be a better experience once it arrives.

1 Like

Ordered 23 Dec 2020 and have not received any shipping information yet. Emailed snapmaker only to be advised it would be shipped “mid-Jan”. Well it’s almost the end of mid-Jan and the status is still “order is confirmed”

Not sure if the accounts on facebook are real or not, but these accounts are saying they ordered late December and have received their units already and/or received shipping information.

Ordered a Snapmaker 2.0 250 and enclosure.

There’s a lot of them shipping now. If your tracking number says pending it’s in customs.

It’ll be fine. You’ll be really happy when it shows up.

@Codek42 man, just dispute the transaction and get another product. It’s not worth the wait of 1 year.

He hasn’t even waited a whole month.
-S

@sdj544 the original message said december 2019. Not sure if it’s a typo though.