Preorders delayed and new orders ship

I preordered my SM-A350 with just about everything I could think. I preordered it so I could be one of the first to get my printer. So why am I still being delayed over a year while new 2020 orders are receiving theirs? Not only that, but I am not the only one in this situation, and our requests for any response are going completely ignored. In 6 days I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission unless I can get any sort of resolution going. I will specifically be requesting that Snapmaker immediately be barred from conducting further business in the United States to prevent more people from being scammed. Good luck all and God Bless.

1 Like

Where did you hear 2020 orders are receiving theirs? Just curious, I haven’t heard that.

I have heard the only thing that was posted on Facebook and the forum here, all orders were delayed while a supplier quality control issue regarding linear modules is being resolved.

And thanks for barring them from the US, I have some spare parts on order, guess I don’t need them now.

1 Like

On facebook mostly, I always ask people when they put in their order, I have seen multiple June 2020 orders filled already (shipped and delivered). Here is a pic of an end April order filled.

I guess everyone who has defective printers and hasn’t received theirs yet should just roll over and get screwed so you can get your spare parts
 No need to comment on my post further if you’re going to play that passive aggressive game.

I saw that one too, but he’s not actually sure it’s the SM.
Could also just be the enclosure since it’s only one package. He should have 3.
If you search the tracking # it now shows as “still pending”.

Have you set up UPS & Fedex accounts to check if a label has been created for you?

SM shipping tracking sucks. That’s just a given. Unfortunately they seem to load everything on the boat and maybe mark it as shipped. Boat takes 30-40 days,(at some point during that time a label will be created) then unloading and customs and importer company handling to get ready for Fedex (or UPS). Then Fedex finally decides to pick it up and then take their time delivering it. Then a couple days after it arrives you’ll get a notice that it’s been shipped.

One annoying thing that was happening when mine shipped, was that they were sending as many as they could by air, which was only 3 or 4 due to covid limits. So if you got lucky and had yours shipped that way, you’d get yours a month earlier than someone with an earlier order and shipping date.
-S

Where they also A350 models? I can imagine there is a difference in the availability of the different models.

(I am also waiting for my A350)

BTW, you did fill in your backer kit survey? On the kickstarter pages some people are complaining as well who didn’t fill in that survey to confirm all details.

(Paging staff, since no one else seems to have done so yet) @JKC20, @rainie, @parachvte, can someone at Snapmaker please look into this before the original poster does something we all end up regretting?

Hey, I actually have checked with UPS and Fedex, no label, nothing. And to be clear here, I am not demanding that the printer arrive. I am just demanding any correspondence regarding it. I get there was a delay, but we have blown through 2 deadlines now and there is complete silence from SM. I, like many others have reached out to SM in every way we can, email, facebook, forums posts, PMs, we are getting 0 response. I have given SM the standard 2 weeks to respond and address the concerns regarding my order, all I need is an email, but that seems to be asking for too much. So I am left with but one path for resolution, and I sure as hell am not writing off 2 grand from my account to appease everyone else who already got theirs.

2 Likes

Yes, every one I have seen shipped is an A350, the vast majority of shipments were orders in late Feb and now moving into Mar. It seems that SM’s order completion metrics are more of a bell curve than a FIFO queue. And yes, I completed the Survey July 11. Again though I just want to iterate that I am not demanding the printer delivered right now, but simply a correspondence that we can fix this problem, but I cannot work anything out because nobody from SM will respond to me.

Hey, thanks for attaching the staff, I promise you they have seen this already though, if you look at their profiles they lurk on the forums, but largely do not respond unless absolutely necessary, which it is now. Believe me, I would rather it not come to this myself, but, before I do something regrettable? Excuse yourself! You would find it regrettable to save people from being scammed out of $2,000? I think it is regrettable that SM is choosing to completely ignore customers, this could all be resolved with a simple announcement, but they are not even doing that. I think it is regrettable that there are people who would villainize the people who have suffered quite a loss and have no recourse, what do they call that, victim blaming? As I said earlier, there is no room for that in this thread so please remove yourself from future conversation.

1 Like

Good luck. They sent me an email telling me they closed my order. No refund mentioned, nothing. No response to multiple emails. :flushed: What’s up with that? Ripped off for $1500? Sounds like it.

I just checked the order page (see the sticky post for the link) and mine changed from order placed to order shipped overnight.

Pre-order from February 29th 2020. (I am in Europe btw, I assume they are grouping things based on location as well). It was as advertised on the status page. And one month delay as earlier announced.

Hello
I ordered my A350 on January 15th and the delivery was announced for July.
Like everyone else, I have not received a delivery delay until October.
Since 28.10.20 something is happening from UPS, an invoice for customs will follow, which I have paid immediately. Today is the 31.10-20 and I Abe the delivery of all 3 packages for Monday the 2.11.announced. I am very happy and wish all those who are waiting for their machine that they can be as happy as I am.
I live in Switzerland.
So continue to cultivate confidence.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Man, I am really sorry to hear that! That sucks and is exactly what should not be happening. If this problem were just me I doubt the FTC would do anything, but this is the exact reason why this feels like the last option to take. Definitely call your credit card co and make a fraud alert, I have heard of people getting charge backs without any issue. But, if you don’t mind please do try to exhaust everything else and all other means, as well as give them plenty of time to respond(standard is 2 weeks). I’m definitely not trying to start S*** with snapmaker, I’m not trying to wrong anybody, exactly the opposite, I’m sick of people being awful to one another and have had enough of it, even if I am the only one, I am trying to do what’s right here. Above all lets keep our heads high and act with respect - the bible says that we will never be judged on what comes into our lives, but only what comes out of them, and I take that to heart.

Great to hear yours is on the way, I’m already excited for you! I just checked on mine and it still shows delayed, it is odd and frustrating that your order 3 months after mine would ship and mine has not even been addressed yet. Of course, I am hoping it is on the way and there is just a failure to keep me up to date on that, but regardless SM needs to respond and keep everyone in the loop of what’s going on.

I agree with you about not doing anyone wrong. I also feel it’s a duty to keep others from being wronged. If Snapmaker is ripping people off, then people need to be warned about it so they don’t get hurt financially to.

1 Like

I know its a frusteration situation with the covid, and snapmaker seemingly being in over their head with order fufilment, but they are hard at work to a.) continue production, b.) improve the product and c.) release upgrades.

If they are on a supplier hold because they have issues with linear modules as suggested above, you’re better off. i have an issue with mine being loose and its causing chaos. They will make it right.

1 Like

How do you know this? Did they tell you? How precise is your guess if it is that? I’ll express my fear on why they are ignoring pre-orders, but let me add the disclaimer first, this is purely conjecture and has no real basis other than a fear. I am worried that Snapmaker knows of a critical fault with the current printers out there. In my opinion, silicone is a terrible thermal conductor and for the motor driver IC to fail without it shows that the IC is on it’s upper limits of tolerance and is insufficient. I think they are remaining silent because they do not know how to address this as it would probably mean replacing a significant portion of currently released machines as well as a fundamental design change of the linear rail. All of this would be quite expensive and I am thinking they do not have the funds to cover it and are now using pre-orders to float the deficiency. Customers already affected will just be dealt with as they burn out (hopefully after warranty for SM) to mitigate a sudden cash loss to replace faulty modules.

The fact is - it is scary not knowing, and there is a reason they are not saying anything. This is a precarious place to be, especially for the people who already have their machines. Just cause they seem like nice people doesn’t mean they have your best interest at heart, in fact there is a saying I am reminded of - nobody will be nice to you like someone trying to take advantage of you. Again, I will reiterate, I am after the beans of what’s going on, I am demanding an answer, my money, and as you can see from other people, their money, is on the line.

Hi @lemmong @MooseJuice maybe it will help you if I can tell you that snapmaker is delivering. At the beginning of September I ordered a replacement linear module for my broken rail from support as well as a housing, filament, wood and an additional bed for 3D printing from the shop. I have already received the consumables. The case is still at customs and the replacement rail will be delivered on Tuesday, according to Hermes. I’ve waited an eternity for my printer itself. I thought it would take as long as the construction of the Berlin airport. But both came to a happy ending. I got my printer in September and BER is also ready.
:grinning:

What delivery Service did deliver your Printer?

Thats cool, i havent received any communication about the problem I have yet from Snapmaker, I guess the response time is up to a few weeks, I am being patient about it though :slight_smile: