Where is my snapmaker 2.0

I was replying to the wedge one that was from 2020.

I was KS backer. Waited more than a year and 6 months more than originally expected.
Was totally worth it. Nothing else better for a 3 in 1 has come out since I backed.

-S

1 Like

Be warned - chinese new year is about to kick in - nobody will be getting shit for 2 months or so.

I am sure they are trying to get all caught up before hand and sounds like they might be building some US inventory too.

@sdj544 could you share a little bit more why you like it (maybe i’m missing something)? Except 3 in 1, i don’t see why it’s so good. There are some good ideas, but overall 3d printer is quite basic. In fact i ordered prusa just after a couple of weeks with snapmaker. DM is fine.

It has a lot of potential, it needs some love and better execution,

this forum is 90% people trying to figure out how to use it and 10% people trying to make it awesomer.

such as ground up rewrites of now the laser firmware functions to give a nice grayscale and such.

It was not a typo. I ordered mine in 2019. I received it yesterday FINALLY. Was it worth the wait? No, probably not, but it’s pretty cool so far. :wink:

Update: Received it yesterday (1/19/2021). 4 attempts at 3d printing were 100% perfect, everything so far has worked right out of the box. I dunno if it was worth the wait, but it certainly is a good product so far.

It’s given me a chance to play around with and figure out 3d printing, laser & cnc. Discover which I enjoy most and which I want to pursue more. I’ve been able to make a bunch of cool things (do a search for some of my posts).
Between making repair pieces for my pinball and coke machines that were no longer produced, replacement parts for my daughter’s digital piano, presents for Christmas, selling a few tap handles (just to name a few of things I’ve done with it) it’s paid for itself now.
It’s not the best at any of it’s 3, but it does all 3 reasonably well. For the KS price it was definitely worth it. If you need only 2 of the functions, and have the room, then get 2 separate machines.
-S

Sdj544. Ordering as a kickstarter is very different to ordering from an established company that claims to have stock of the product you bought.

The fact something was ordered 4 weeks ago but still hasn’t shipped when “in stock” is very bad no matter how you look at it.

I was in the Exact same boat! I ordered mine August 20th, and Fedex says nothing. I received mine Jan 15. Fedex today (Jan 22) still says “Pending”. I think there’s a mixup somewhere w/ the tracking numbers. Call them (yes it’ll cost $$). I talked to Edwin who has pretty good English. I found him very professional and helpful:

Tel: +86(0)755 26926117
Office Hours: Monday to Friday, 9:30-18:30 (GMT+8:00)

whoa you can call edwin? mwahahahaha

i might give him a call and drill them on whats going on :joy:

in all seriousness edwin is pretty decent i think the language barrier via email is the source of some of my problems, outside of being a bit slow i really know they are trying to get this thing going…

I can call edwin too…but - would he take up the phone? :sunglasses: