Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

Hi im Indy, a woodworking hobbyist. Trying my hand at CNC and engraving to make my little projects that much better.

also forgot to add i am a complete newbie to this. first time i heard of G code etc. trying to learn on the fly

1 Like

Hello!!! Iā€™m Rebecca, and Iā€™m on my first day of 3D, just got the Snapmaker 350 and set it up today. In advance, I apologize for asking a ton of questions, like, how do I make it work? sheesh itā€™s complicatedā€¦Or, is it me? I hope to learn enough in the next ten years to contribute something!

Hi all,

I know absolutely nothing about any of the 3 functions of my new A350. Recently retired as Fire Chief in Bullhead City, Arizona and thought Iā€™d take up a new hobby. After playing with it for a few days, I fear I may have bitten off more than I can chew. Hope to learn on the fly and may be relying on this group for a lot of help since I see there are some seasoned pros among us. Wish me luck on this new journey. Stay safe all.

Rick S

1 Like

So I thaught I would introduce myself finally, been around the forums for a week or so, after part owning an A350. So far I am impressed, this is my first machine in all 3 fields. Before I carry on my name is Daniel, but prefer being called D hence the username imD. Been making things all my life, no where near the accuracy this machine can or to the caliber of other makers. I am working on a blog website, and am very interested in 3d printed mods to help aid the A350 in any way. Also very interested in Laser & CNC projects.

Hi @Rainie ,

Iā€™m Pavel and I work in Broadcast Engineering.
Although I usually use BricsCAD at work, I found Sketchup to be very handy too.

Proud new owner of an A350 an eager to test out the functionalities.

So Iā€™ll be checking out the forum a bit to see where I can leave some questions.

Cheers.

hi iā€™m Patrick, iā€™m a former produktion/proto engineer in Cable and Wire Confection.
i have ordered the A350 last week and i canā€™t wait to get started with the A350.
i wil use it for express my reative ideas. due to a brain injury i have difficulty working with my hands and i hope the A350 can do this for me

1 Like

Hello, Iā€™m Stefan. Just got my Snapmaker last week, and have already over 100 hours of prints on my desk :slight_smile: . Now starting with the engraving.

Hello fellow creators! :raised_hands: Iā€™m Eugene, a marketer by day, diy-er by night, living in Germany. Just received Snapmaker A250 yesterday, tried laser yesterday, and printed my first mandatory Benchy today. Yay! :tada:
Great to be here :slight_smile: and hope Iā€™ll find some help here because oh Iā€™ll need it :blush:

Good afternoon.

Iā€™m Dieuwertje but you can call me Dawn. I am a goldsmith and graphic designer from the Netherlands. I am looking into starting a small business with the help of hopefully the Snapmaker A350.

Greetings from Holland :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello to all let me introduce myself ā€¦ Iā€™m known by my friends as Joe K probably because they canā€™t pronounce the name , thatā€™s ok with me, I live in Florida, recently widowed by cancer after 55+ wonderful years of marriage. Iā€™m 80 years young that is my life story and Iā€™m sticking to it!!!

1 Like

Hi! I see you are working with a Mac , Iā€™m a newbie started with PC just got a new Mac and cannot figure out how to import files to Luban had no problem with PC canā€™t do it with Mac can you offer any help ? thanks JoeK

Hi Joe,

It is just a matter of getting use to the Macā€™s simpler operating system.

In Luban, you can import the files via the ā€œfileā€ menu, on the top left of the grey menu bar which is along the entire top of your screen.

Cheers!

Hi Profile - JoeK - Snapmaker: where creation happens
Hi Profile - Dawn86 - Snapmaker: where creation happens

My name is Eric. Iā€™m a Periodontist in Arizona, US and Iā€™m very new to 3D printing. I got my Snapmaker in Dec 2020 and so far Iā€™ve been mostly printing useful things for myself and friends. I have as much fun designing them in Fusion 360 as I do printing them out. Iā€™ve printed some rings as well and hope to eventually figure out how to copper or nickel plate them (many failed attempts so far). Iā€™m having so much fun with the 3D printer that I havenā€™t even unboxed the laser or CNC units!

Hi, I am Neil. In London UK. Looking to see what is possible and pushing the envelope in designing new things.

Greetings fellow Snapmaker users. I am from Northern Florida. I am new to all features offered by this system. Is there a place in this forum that people write their experiences in how they overcame various issues that arose while they where learning how to use it. The assembly booklet does no provide clear instructions in how to overcome situations as they arise.

Thank you in advance.

JARiosJr.

1 Like

Hello all. My name is Ron Blackburn and I am very new to the Snapmaker world and am ready to learn all I can from all of you. I have worked with wood tools (routers, planers, saws and sanders), and worked with laser engravers for work, but I am new to the 3D printing and CNC creations. I ordered the Snapmaker 2.0 A350 and the enclosure and I just received word that has had the shipping labels made and is awaiting shipment from California to my APO military address in Germany. I ordered a few extra CNC bits, a wasteboard and the Extruder Hot End kit. Can anyone give me other recommendations for things I should purchase initially? I will probably start with 3D printing and then try out the Laser engraving. Any helpful recommendations and hints would be welcomed.
I am a retired U.S. Air Force Veteran and working as a Defense Contractor in Stuttgart, Germany. Thank you in advance.

Ron

1 Like

Hello everyone, my name is Tony and I live in Barbados. My Snapmaker A350 arrived late January and I have been having a great time going through the steep learning curve with laser engraving and 3D printing. I am only just getting ready to venture into CNC, which is the main reason why I purchased the Snapmaker - to complement my woodworking hobby, but first wanted to put a decent dust collection system in place and I think I am there now.
I need some urgent help in resolving some unusual anomalies I have been experiencing with my SN2 - when 3D printing, I recently had the issue where after pausing the print, the usual Resume function that would appear on the touchscreen is no longer coming up. The only way I am able to Resume after a pause (say to change the filament in the middle of a print), is to kill the power (simulate a power failure) and on powering up again, I can them use the Recover function, which thankfully works.
There are some other anomalies but I will stop here and hopefully someone can tell me how to solve this troubling issue. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi there. OK Iā€™ve built it. That was fun!

Actually the drama started even before that. 23kg? Single box? Up a flight of stone stairs? No way JosĆ©! But a bit of ā€˜Ooo Ć© muito pesadoā€™ to the delivery driver and, bless him, he hoiked it up the stairs and into the house in a jiffy! Yep, I live in Portugal and Iā€™m the only person that I know of who has a 3d printer anywhere
near so youā€™re very likely to hear a lot of bleats from me. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve got Cura to produce a g-code and run my very first print using the USB stick. Next job is to try to get Cura to actually talk to the printer. I guess thatā€™s what the mysterious double-ended USB cable is for? Not long enough though, have to buy a two metre extension and then weā€™ll see. (Vamos ver).

2 Likes

Woot woot, my Snapmaker 2.0 A350 shipped out of California yesterday. Now the wait time to clear U.S. and German customs for itā€™s path to my military APO boxā€¦ I am ecstatic.