Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

Hi,

Is it possible for the next firmware to allow you to set your desired bed temp prior to carrying out the calibration.

3 Likes

Evry Time they publish an update we ask them this feature but they refuse to implant it

1 Like

bed temperature AND Extruder temperature as the size of the nozzle also changes when it heats up. not much, but a little. In fact the whole print head heats up and that changes the size.
=> if we could have that, would be really great.

@Alan @parachvte I have a really big wish for the firmware:
I have the new Enclosure for my A350 now and since that, changing filament is a real pain. Reason for this? you have to do a lot of manual work at the print head and where is the head? Right - it’s in the left rear corner of the enclosure, couldn’t be more away from the doors. So it’s very unhandy to change the filament in this position, I for myself often need to open the small door at the print head because the filament doesn’t feed in fully automatic. Also, the print head is very close to the top of the enclosure which makes even worse
My ideal solution would be
a) could define a “custom” parking position for the print head (some where in the settings, options maybe “left”, “middle”, “right” for the x axis and a definable offset for the Z axis)
b1) make this parking position definition either default for after homing (so that the head for example moves into the middle of the axis when the homing process is finished) OR
b2) make the print head go to this position when the nozzle heats up manually to change the filament OR
b3) place a button on the "Nozzle screen where I can heat up the Extruder and have the “load” and “unload” buttons

What do you think?

2 Likes

Will the firmware now go open source?

Today New print sheet placed and upgraded to Marlin 1.9.0. After that, autocalibration was performed in a 5x5 matrix. Immediately 100% ok within a few minutes. That’s the way it’s supposed to be!

1 Like

Just loaded up firmware 1.8.0.0, recalibrated laser and when I try to run the boundary, I get “FabScreen has stopped”. When I select “Open app again” my file is inaccessible.
Guess I’m going back to 1.7.1.1 for now.

@snapmaker I agree with @e-maddin, It would be really useful, because as he said it a pain in the *** to put the filament in the tool. it so inconvenient the way it is right now.

I wish also for the enclosure to have the led strips “on” by default when powering the printer or even better in the last state before switching off.

and for that a kind of lock-screen would be great as an option to tick, I have a 2-year-old kid who’s very, very keen to play with this screen

Thanks for the hard work.

Did you try the current 1.9.0?

Didn’t even see 1.9.0 available, I’ll go look at GitHub. Thank you

It’s also available here from the thread that’s pinned to the Snapmaker 2.0 category.

Is it already opensource at github?

Is Manual Calibration broken out of the box in 1.9.0! Have tried a manual calibration twice 5x5, I can see all the points and values in the terminal. I complete the last point and the only option is to hit save which results in the touchscreen jumping back to the home page and the SM doesn’t do anything else, no motor movement.

The last step terminal output:

others < SC req save data of leveling
others < didn't start leveling!

The first stage output when starting is:

others < leveling ON
others < Apply Z offset: 0.00
others < leveling OFF
others < leveling ON
others < Set grid size : 5
others < leveling OFF
others < SC req move to pont: 1
others < P[25]: (0.00, 357.00, 9.00)

EDIT: I did anther reboot and a 3x3 manual worked, will try 5x5 later. Seems like the reset was needed

OK, 5x5 manual definitely doesn’t work for me. A350 will not save data as it doesn’t think the levelling process was started. It also the resets all the points to 9mm.

1 Like

I have to SECOND THAT, manual leveling 5x5 doesn’t work. It seems to do the wrong thing or nothing at all when you go to hit the SAVE button. I too though a reboot after installing was necessary but that didn’t change the result. @Alan

EDIT: I thought maybe it needed to be Auto Leveled first, tried that, didn’t help.

When I installed FW 1.9.0 it looked to me as though it tried to install it twice. The second time it had a console message to the effect that it was already installed.

They have stated elsewhere on the forum that it won’t get opened up until the Kickstarted shipments have all been made. It’s on GitHub but it is still private until then. They do post a link to the source after a few days of the binary being made available. So it is open in the sense that you can access a download of the source after they have had time to get the download in shape.

Your right I remember something similar :see_no_evil:
I did hope they would go opensource after refactoring the code now :innocent:

Edit:
Following post somehow raised false hopes ^^
Sometimes your brain reads things as you want them to be ^^

@Alan, Why is the leveling grid not centered on the bed? This is for the A250 and 5 x 5 matrix, don’t know about the others. The I values are 23, 69, 115, 161, 207. Seems like they should be:
23, 74, 125, 176, 227, Just like the J values. That way it is a square matrix and not rectangular.

1 Like

@Tone Thanks for your feedback, could you please tell us your test environment or case ?

Hi @Dojima , this is Scott, FW engineer from Snapmaker. For the manual leveling issue you mentioned above, could you please provide some details:

• operation flow, starting from upgrading V1.9.0
  • if you run all points of manual leveling?

thanks a lot!

1 Like