Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

This was on a A250, it was running 1.8.0 firmware and installing 1.9.0.
I was monitoring the install with a USB connection to a Macintosh running Luban 3.6.1 and the Mac OS of 10.14.2. I saw the same last two lines in the console as @Dojima showed above.
I do have the log if you want it.

@scotthuang, are you the lead engineer on the Firmware?

Let me make one other comments on leveling, you need to make the numbering scheme the same everywhere, it’s like there are three or four numbering schemes!!! The console output should show the same as the Touch Screen does.

@scotthuang First time installed 1.9.0 then selected 5 x 5 Manual calibration and then hit calibration. Walked through all the points, then hit save.

Second time rebooted A350 then did same steps.

I then tried 4x4 which does work.

@scotthuang what smoke testing do you have for firmware?

The download page is still showing 1.8 as latest firmware release. Are we testing 1.9 before actual release, or is this in error?

The download page usually lags behind the forum releases. I think they give us a chance to find any bugs (like this one) before they the post it there.

2 Likes

@Tone, Thanks for sharing info!

Regarding upgrade issue as you said, don’t worry about it.
For upgrade flow, screen will try to upgrade module first, then upgrade main controller. But the controller will show almost same log for them.

For now I am responsible for FW development, any FW issues please feel free to contact me.

Regarding version numbering , as release note said, we think the last number is redundancy for users, and we would like to use unified version format with Luban. So there is only 3 number for version in the future.
For the version showing in the console, it can only indicate controller’s version. In Snapmaker 2, we have three firmware for Screen, Main Controller and Modules(tool-head, linear modules) and they have independent development schedule. So the versions cannot be synchronized with each other.
In another hand, showing info to user in Screen is most convenient, so put version in Screen.

2 Likes

@Dojima Thanks, will test again per your condition. BTW, Do you upgrade V1.9 from V1.8?

For smoke testing, we will perform the test cases to cover all features of machine.

1 Like

Yes I had upgraded from 1.8 to 1.9

@Dojima thanks, I got this bug: cannot perform 5x5 manual leveling in V1.9, actually it’s caused by FW V3.1.2 of main controller. Will release new one to fix this in near future.

Thanks again for your feedback!

1 Like

In Luban, I have a setting to turn the Enclosure door detection on or off. So I can decide if I want to have the door detection active when i run a CNC or Laser job. I don’t see this setting anywhere on the touchscreen though. Is there a button missing for that? (V1.9.0 -currently loaded)

the button is in the touchscreen aswell, in the settings. but only when not runing a job.

I just upgraded to v1.9.0, what is the reasoning behind disabling volumetric extrusion as indicated by the M200 D0 now in my M503 output?

Also, can the code be modified so it does not zero out all temperature settings when leaving the control screen please?

Did a 5x5 auto level and the grid points are all offset to the extreme left front corner now. Also ran a test print and the machine now thinks this is the center. No changes were made to my slicer.

Hi @JKC20,

Is it possible to include the actual layer that’s completed followed by the balance left on the main screen?

1 Like

Newest firmware V1.10.0_20200723 is raising hell with my snapmaker A150. Many prints getting to 99% and the system becomes unresponsive, using the stop button in luban aslo causes system to mostly freeze can swipe and but not interact with controls and can not reconnect, this is both on wifi and usb cable. turning off the machine and back on I see the “S” screen appear then system goes black usually takes 2-3 restarts before the system will boot fully.

2 Likes

I would love to see the ability to adjust the flow rate and fan speed during a print. also it would be nice if the stop print button would interrupt the bed and temp heating sequence (a few times i realized i started the wrong print but had to wait for the bed to heat up before it backed out).

Did 5x5 Manual calibration get fixed in this release? It’s not mentioned in the change log. Honestly feels a bit underwhelming for a monthly release cycle.

a month of waiting for the new firmware to have very few changes and, apparently, new bugs … :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

1 Like

@Askbruzz, firmware is a tricky thing, you can always roll it back if your having trouble, and remember these things take time. i’m just happy that the team is continuing to work on it.

2 Likes

Suggestion: on CNC module. Let users move the plate and bit manually - without starting a project.

Case:

• I would like to “bring the plate” forward when preparing the stock
  • Once it’s finished, I’d like to tell the bit to “go home” so there’s room to get the stock out
  • I like to prepare my stock, home position etc while waiting for my software to compile the G-Code.

At the moment, I made an “single line” project and I’m leaving it in the interface - so I “start” this project all the time just to access the manual moving of the head and plate.

Thanks

1 Like