Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

Sounds great! Thank you!

Sorry, that I haven’t send you a g-code until now. I was very busy the last two days. Do you still need the g-code?

1 Like

No there is no need. We have reproduced the problem successfully. Thanks for reporting the bug.

2 Likes

A note about turning on the fade height with M420. I set it to Z2.0 which as I understand it is the leveling will be gone by the time it reaches Z2.0. The first time I tried printing with this turned on it did the first layer just fine but then the second layer tried to go LOWER in the Z than the first, it was scraping off the first layer! I tried changing it to Z10.0, still seemed to do the same thing so either something is wrong there or I don’t understand how it’s supposed to work. Anybody else try turning on the fade height?

I tried it a few times but ended up disabling it for the reason you just described. Something is wrong with the code I believe. All of my other printers (mix of Marlin and RRF) function as intended. It should gradually decrease the Z offset of the grid over the height specified. Another thing I never got an answer on is why is there a default Z probe offset shown in an M503 output and why is it there/what is it used for? @Edwin @parachvte

Oh and by the way, the backlash compensation still has one related command commented out in the latest release so I don’t think it is functional.

1 Like

I think it is the last probe z (and will be set to default value as every reboot).

We haven’t tested the fade height yet. :frowning:

Normally Marlin switches off bed leveling after a G28. I would like to make sure that SM does NOT ever do this and uses, for instance, RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28 within Marlin.

By the way, when do we actually get the source at our disposal?

It has been released. Search the forum. Well, it is hiding in the 1.7 source thread. :grinning:

1 Like

Adjust part cooling fan speed during print

2 Likes

The default Z offset is always there and does not change unless changed by the user. If I were to change it from M851 Z1.0 to M851 Z2.0 and save with an M500 it will remain even after a calibration is performed or the system is rebooted. It also will change the offset of the nozzle.

Here is the diff between v1.7.0 and 1.8.0 as far as backlash compensation is concerned

1 Like

Nice find Drone. So, it will work by some kind of manual set now, but doesn’t determine the required compensation? Not a big code reader here…

Thank you Tone.
I will study this. For now my question is answered SM does’nt use as standard: RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28

Copy.
That happens to me!

Yes, I had the same problem resulting in a destroyed print sheet. Your message here and beyond has helped me with my sudden and ongoing level problems.
Nice to read later that this will be solved.

Note: By default, Marlin does not ensure that bed leveling is activated after a G28 (auto home) !!
Use: RESTORE_LEVELING_AFTER_G28 in Marlin or command: M420 S1

Hey Snapmaker Team,

I have a litte suggestion for improvement for the Enclosure. The light is something, that will be switched on and off during a print maybe very often. Is it possible to get a Button for the light at the progress screens for all 3 functions? So if you just want to have a short look, you don’t need to go to the enclosure menu.

Hi @JKC20, I’ve got a suggestion as well, I don’t know if it has been mentioned already. A feature to turn off the screen during the printing process and/or a screensaver would be great, so the screen can be awake with a simple touch when needed.

and since the screen is based on android is there a chance to have Octoprint on it ? or a host server so it could be use with tablets/ phones to monitor the ongoing process ?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi hoashter,

Did you mean switch the enclosure light during printing? We added an additional settings for enclosure when you swipe left in the print page.

2 Likes

He just wants to do a single click for light on/off.

Right, just a single click.

A little button on that screen would be nice:IMG_20200611_180345|281x500

1 Like