Bigger nozzle possible?

Wondering if SM2 can handle nozzles up to 1mm…
Does anybody use such big nozzles at his SM2? Where is the limit in extrusion-rate?

I have printed last week with a 1mm nozzle. I had no problems with layer height of 0.6 mm and 40 mm/s printing speed. I printed PLA at the lowest possible Temperature. With material that needs more cooling, you probably have to go slower.

But in my opinion a viable option on the Snapmaker 2.0. Could decrease Printing time from 7 Hours on the 0.4 nozzle and pretty fast printing speed to two hours with those 40 mm/s. So I am pretty happy with it.

2 Likes

I have used a 1mm nozzle for big parts.

The maximum speed before clicking of the extruder was about 60mm/s at 0,35mm layer height with petg.
Try it out, its a nice to have option :wink:

1 Like

Thanks guys! Sounds good! So I will buy some bigger nozzles :slight_smile:

Good to know that you can use up to 1 mm. I want to use a PETG filament with carbon fibres so I need 0.6 and a hardened nozzle. I found this one:
Nozzle X

Nozzle X is the last nozzle your 3D printer will ever need. Made from a hardened tool-steel base, they are then Nickel plated to maintain hardness at elevated temperatures, and have a WS2 coating applied to provide the nozzle with reduced stick properties. Rated to a maximum temperature of 500°C, Nozzle X prints every printable material*, from PLA all the way to Carbon Fibre-filled PEEK without wearing.

It’s from E3D.
But I don’t know how to disassemble the nozzle without breaking it so I don’t know what the thread is. Hopefully MK8??
Any thoughts?

Mk8 is right.
You have to preheat first, take the filament out of the print head and then disassemble the nozzle, attention hot :wink:

Maybe a temp runaway error occurs, you have to restart the printer after assembling.
It’s because of the transfered heat to your disassembling tool, like a wrench.

Great thanks. I’ll investigate.