Dual Extruder new Nozzles

Hello,

my nozzles from the Dual Extruder are defective and the delivery of the new ones will take until mid-May. Has anyone ever exchanged the nozzles for others?

Regards
Michael

Just out of curiosity: What’s wrong with your nozzles?

They look like standard MK8 nozzles btw., but I cannot vouch for that, had no reason to unscrew any nozzle. But if they’re broken anyhow - be the first to unscrew one :slight_smile: And let us know what you found out.

One nozzle has worn out and is now shorter than the other …

Oh wow… did you use some kind of abrasive filament, like metal/carbon filled, glow-in-the-dark or something?

Yes i have use PETG Carbon Fiber …

I have just removed the nozzle and ordered hardened on Amazon. The new nozzles should come tomorrow …

1 Like

Good to know - I was just about to print with carbon fiber petg tomorrow! Which hardened nozzle did you buy and can you tell us if it fits ok?

Ok so I put this ruby 0.6 nozzle onto one of the dual extruders, the 0.4 hardened was clogging with the petg carbon fiber filament. It’s working like a charm

3 Likes

Did you get the E3Dv6 or the MK8 ones?

I got the E3Dv6 ones because I figured that the longer thread would make sure that it seals good. In the end I think they are both the same size, just one has more thread and a smaller head.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s helpful.

1 Like

Got the 0.4 ones. So far they work good

2 Likes

Do I have to change both to any brand with e3d v6?
I am confused as mk8 is mentioned a the original one but a little shorter.