Auto levelling issue Snapmaker 2.0

If it’s not letting you save the calibration

this COULD be because the sensor is not seeing the bed. does the sensor light up when metal is close to it? will it light up from the print sheet?

it may need adjusted.

Yes the red light goes on if I hold something metal under it

Which firmware are you using?
-S

firmware 1.10.1_20200822

Try to roll back to 1.9 to see if the issue persists

i know that i had this happen to me once but i cant for the life of me remember what i did about it

maybe i just rebooted the machine and tried again but surely you;ve done that.

1 Like

You did do the last part where you lower it down and measure with the card?
Just making sure because a few people on FB have missed this.
-S

Yes I did the last part :slight_smile:

I rolled back the firmware as MooseJuice suggested and the leveling worked straight up first attempt. Thanks for the help guys! Not sure if that means 1.10 is bugged? Should I leave it at 1.9 and wait for a 1.11?

Rolling back to 1.9 fixed it. Dunno if that means 1.10 has a bug or something? I might keep using 1.9 for the moment

1.9 is the most stable, there are some bugs in the later releases

thats not to say there arent bugs in 1.9.

i personally use the latest version, but so many people have issues on it

just kinda depends on where the goblins live i guess.

Absolutely no reason to update if it’s working.
(No reason to go back to 1.9 if you’re not having problems either)
1.9 took care of some calibration and print gouging issues and added support for the enclosure.
Personally I’m using 1.10.0 and there are two major bugs that I put up with: 99% on 3d printing and the nozzle/bed temp being stuck at 0 if you pause or stop a print.
-S

Hey Everyone,

I am having the same issue as the OP. Auto level goes to the first point and it continues moving down smashing into the bed. I have tried several firmware versions with the same result. I can see the light on the sensor but it doesn’t seem to be working. I will be trying a manual calibration and maybe I can get it printing again. I had been printing really good for weeks already and just out of the blue the print messed up and I found this issue with the auto leveling.

Does anyone know what type of sensor it uses? Laser proximity, magnetic?
I contacted Snapmaker support but they have not responded with any solutions.

Look at:

or:

or:

Enough stuff to read :wink:

1 Like

When you do an autocalibrtion and put a piece of metal aginst the sensor, then goes the red light on, or is it ever on?
I suspect you work with the standard printbed from Snapmaker?

Well from what I can see that red light is on all the time. Here it is sitting at “home”

@megasmicros

Please do not crosspost in differnt Topics about the same issue, keep it together so people can better follow up and help. :face_with_monocle: :wink:

Will do. We will follow up on the other. I didn’t mean to I just asked for a part number and responded to a question but it did turn out that way.

1 Like

Sensor is bad if its on continually.

you will have to contact snapmaker support or rig up your own solution, NPN normally open or a contact switch between gnd and sig

you can manually calibrate in the mean time.

they are on chinese new year so its gona be tough to get anything fast but they do seem to have a little bit of manpower still.

support@snapmaker.com

This happed to me after over 1500 hrs of printing. After reading these post I took the print head off and found that the sensor had been dislodged and pushed up into the head from its original position. There is a bolt head located in a slot that raises and lowers the sensor. I reset the sensor all the way down to the bottom of the slot. Once I did that, it calibrated without jamming into the print bed. When the sensor is set up correctly, it is a little lower than the area around it as shown in this picture. Working great now.

Hope this helps someone.

2 Likes

I recently had that issue. Mine turned out to be some hair-like filaments around the black rectangles by the nozzle (IR sensors?). Once I cleaned them everything works just fine :blush: