Weird clunking sound

Hi,
I’ve been printing a 1 layer bed level print from Cura. Whenever it prints the outside skirt, it makes a weird clunking sound. Does this every time I run this print, but the rest of the print doesn’t make the sound. Is it something to do with the speed or is this the actuator issue I’ve been hearing about. Apologies for the poor cameraman ship.

It sounds like it makes the noise everytime the X axis changes direction? If so, you probably need to tighten up the lead screw in the X axis (I think that’s what other people in the forums have said [I have a v1]).

Something like this maybe?

That may be the issue, however I’m not getting ovals instead of circles. My circles are coming in at about 0.01" difference max side to side. I don’t really want to start pulling it apart at the moment until I’m sure.

Here’s a pic showing where the clunks occur on the print (black arrows).

Update: Everything is tight and there is no slop on any of the axis. It only occurs if the speed is high, a test with low speed (18mm/sec) did not produce the “clunk”.

@gwfami 18mm/s is super slow, something is loose in your x axis

What would be the best way to fix this? Should I tear everything apart or is there another way to do it?

@gwfami contact support, don’t open anything without them telling you to, they’ve been hit and miss on honoring the warranty if you open a component.

Thanks, I’ll contact them tomorrow. It will remain unopened.

Support has been contacted.