Test print request

I’ve been having weird “clunking” issues at certain parts of a test print (Weird clunking sound - #9 by gwfami). SnapMaker support doesn’t seem to be overly concerned with it, still pursuing support however.

I’m looking for a brave soul to try the print themselves and see if there are any weird sounds when the skirt is printing, don’t really care about the rest of the print as the sound never occurs there, and report back if they are having the same or similar issue.

Here’s the code.

level pattern.gcode (53.7 KB)

Thanks,

GWFAMI

One thing to try would be seeing if you can reproduce the clunk with just a jog move from the touchscreen, or a terminal G1 command.

If it can easily be reproduced and occurs on the Y axis there’s a couple things that come to mind.

• If it’s because something is binding, loosening up the screws that attach the Y modules to the base would resolve that
  • If it’s something inside the modules opening them up to check for debris might help.

Not set up for printing at the moment, sorry, but I can say that the sound reminds me vaguely of the nozzle scraping over something on the bed. If you modify the gcode so it runs at like Z=10 does the sound go away? If not, then it’s definitely not related to the bed, and I would pursue the above ideas.