Is this buzz sound normal for 3d printing?

Is this normal?

It seemed like it was being awful loud last night when I was trying to print a clockwork spring and now it is making this loud vibrating buzz type nose on some of the movements, not for every movement but it seems like certain movements it is doing so regularly.

It could be just normal but I am concerned because it wasn’t doing this before that I can remember.

I have been using cura and trying out alot of settings so I don’t know if the extruder is making super quick movements or something to cause the sound but I just want to make sure my machine isn’t ready to explode…

Its interesting how many little sounds the motors make and its almost relaxing in some ways, musical if you will. But that buzz is killin my buzz!

1 Like

Yes, it’s the Y axis resonance at certain speeds. Staff on this forum have confirmed it.
Lol JK apparently it is defective??

1 Like

Hi @MooseJuice, please contact our support at support@snapmaker.com for your issue. We will replace your linear module for you. Thank you!

Guess there is going to be lots of replacements! I thought they all sound like this?

1 Like

I have the same noise issues, it’s very annoying!!

It’s especially pronounced at low speeds (below ca. 25 mm/s).

Gang, I thought I brought closure to this and I guess I had but not on this thread.

Despite the staff commenting on my thread that they would do something there, it turns out that it wasn’t the case.

However, take a look at the bracket coming out of the rails… if this is loose, it makes the vibration a lot worse and also can cause issues. Loose brackets out of the rails ARE something that they will work with you on over e-mail support, but simply having the noise itself is not.

My particular situation was interesting, that my print head was wobbling and causing so much trouble that my parts were not round. For a short term work around, i swapped modules with one of the bed rails and was printing with success (but noisier) until replacement parts came.

Email support@snapmaker.com if you think your rail is loose or otherwise defective, do yourself a favor and give as much information as you can, and your backer number and address, as it will take a couple weeks to hear back and maybe if you are lucky you can give them all the info they need to cut you a replacement part on the first email (if you infact do have something faulty)

2 Likes

Any suggestion on this one here?

Bought the F350T two weeks ago and contacted support twice already.

Iam not sure if my audio is having problems but i dont hear anything.

I dont have the T but the original a350 was horribly noisy. the new rails are supposed to be alot quieter, but i havent seen them in person. i wanted to buy them but they want too much money.

FYI The ones I bought are no longer quiet.

Probably means I need to break em open and add some grease, but let’s face it, I haven’t been working the thing too hard and these things went into service in March or thereabouts.

Likewise on the print quality. I suspect the improvements most people saw were just due to new modules :slight_smile:

I am looking for help!

Has anyone encountered such a phenomenon?

For some time now, especially since Quick Swap was installed, the printer has been making strange noises. I mainly noticed it when moving on the Y axis. Some metallic shaking, scratching. I hope I managed to capture the sound of this phenomenon well in the video. Of course, you can hear the basic operation of the fan and linear.

Fortunately (I think) I didn’t notice the table rising or falling.

Link to video: https://youtu.be/ACrG2soiBwo