Support response time?

What does it show, exactly?
By the way: Your bed looks almost like mine… Seems, you don´t have used any alcohol on it either.
:smiley:

Brent keep in mind you work in an industry that has been around, using very similar techniques, for over 100 years. Standards and practices take time… pluss out of the thousands of machines sold you have to expect some bad ones. Seems like the failure rate is still less than 10%.

1 Like

10% failure of a product unless corrected quite fast will eventually lead to the failure of the company. If was anywhere near 1% I’d be stopping everything to figure out the problem. It’s not the failure per say, is the costs associated with customer service, shipping new parts replacement parts and most importantly new customer perception. I’m waiting for my 350 to ship someday and the comments on this board and the lack of timely response make me want to run. That’s bad, really bad, because the internet never forgets.

Ira

1 Like

Got a faulty Linear module from the start (it would only move one direction), created a support case three weeks ago, still no response. Hope it clears up soon!

I’m in the same boat as a lot of you guys. I received my A350 about a week ago, assembled it and discovered one of the axis only moves in one direction. I put it a support ticket and no reply. After waiting nearly a year, receiving a faulty product is really frustrating. And hearing that they are taking over 3 weeks to response is really disheartening.

1 Like

Check out this and if you still have issues start a new topic:

1 Like

Can you ‘isolate’ which linear module the problem is? There was a post about the limit switches beeing a problem. If they trigger, the module always thinks its at a limit and only moves in one direction

I have had the same problem with the X-Axis linear module. Waited just over a year to get it, failed two days after I had put it together. Very frustrating

The factory would’ve done well to put some loctite on some of the screws that are routinely loosening in transit.

@DPI what sort of failure did you have? Only travels in one direction? Check the screw tightness inside the modules like previously suggested, and like other topics in the forum have discussed, and if that doesn’t solve the problem start a topic and get in touch with support. Hopefully it will be a simple fix.

The solution here was for support to replace the module: Y-Axis will only move in one direction

After four 3D prints, while trying the laser engraving, the module stuck. It would not travel to the right at all. It would not respond to the touch screen controls either. Followed all the checks as per SM website, no luck, so waiting on them to respond to a ticket and warranty claim. Hopefully they will get back into the groove tomorrow. Already started a topic a week ago.

Oh right, I saw that topic and then forgot :roll_eyes:. Please update with what support says!

I haven’t yet. I took a break and didn’t mess with anything so I don’t accidentally damage anything in my frustration. I may give the limit screw fix a try if I feel comfortable enough to try it.

Still have not heard from them since the 2nd of october

I still haven’t had a reply since September 29th. Gonna message them later today, or possibly call If they have a support line

I don’t know where the support phone number rings, but China is UTC+8 and I can tell you that it’s nearly 5pm in that timezone right now :slight_smile:

Update. Support are going to replace the linear module.

Nice, hope I hear from them soon. Still no response :pensive:

1 Like

Here also, still no response.
Did you guys received an automatic reply with a ticket code?
I wrote to them on Oct 6th and never received anything back.

You should receive an automatic reply from support@snapmaker.com
I received within minutes. Give it an hour and then if you don’t get it, check your spam filters and try again.
Try to use whatever email you used for your backerkit or purchasing. I don’t know if it matters but they may use that to cross reference and make sure it’s a legitimate request.

-S

Yep, same backer e-mail, I also wrote to them back in July with the same address and received an automatic reply at that time.
I checked Spam folder this time but it has everything except their reply. :frowning_face:

By looking at the SMTP transaction log it’s interesting that their mail server replied “queued as” without any ID that should be present after “as”.

I will try with another mail address.

Connecting to mxbiz1.qq.com [203.205.232.191.25] ... connected
  SMTP<< 220 bizmx6.qq.com MX QQ Mail Server
  SMTP>> EHLO ****
  SMTP<< 250-bizmx6.qq.com
         250-SIZE 73400320
         250-STARTTLS
         250 OK
  SMTP>> MAIL FROM:<****> SIZE=5743
  SMTP<< 250 Ok
  SMTP>> RCPT TO:<support@snapmaker.com>
  SMTP<< 250 Ok
  SMTP>> DATA
  SMTP<< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
  SMTP>> writing message and terminating "."
  SMTP<< 250 Ok: queued as
  SMTP>> QUIT
LOG: 0 MAIN
  => support@snapmaker.com F=<****> R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=mxbiz1.qq.com [203.205.232.191] C="250 Ok: queued as"
LOG: 0 MAIN
  Completed