Random HELP - Ask here!

Hi all- question regarding how to adhere pieces you build together. If the item you are building has multiple pieces, what do you use to adhere them? Superglue? Is there a special glue or method for PLA filament?

1 Like

hi @Jen, i use Loctite Super Glue Gel. I got the info from this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZWOUpx2UDk

1 Like

@Jen

I have successfully used superglue on PLA and I have read that the Gorilla Superglue Gel is very good for PLA gluing. I guess this is like what @kelvin8r suggested with the Loctite version

Doug

Thanks @kelvin8r

i will add this video link to Snaplinks.

Keep having fun.

Doug

1 Like

@doug @kelvin8r Thanks to both of you! I did find some info that the Loctite 401 is awesome to use!

1 Like

Hey everyone! How can I clean this up?

The little spatula that came with my Snapmaker works wonders for getting almost any filament residue off the print bed. I use a putty knife tom scrape off glue stick.

Thank you for the reply! I am afraid that I might scratch the surfaceā€¦ this is my first printā€¦! Is it possible that I damage the bed?

1 Like

Thatā€™s a sticker you see on top of the bed. You should have gotten a spare with the printer. Itā€™s pretty tough too and the spatula isnā€™t that sharp.

1 Like

Really appreciate the responses as i am a real newbie!!
One last question, if the bed is scratched or has some residue from previous prints will it affect next printings? I have seen some photos in thingiverse that are really not cleanā€¦! Thank you again very much!

1 Like

If your bed has some residue from previous prints, the bottom of your next print might pick up the leftover residue. Not a problem if youā€™re using the same or similar colours, but if youā€™re printing white after black, then it might not look good.

BTW, make sure your calibration is good and the hot end is not too close to the bed. Too close and first layer will be too thin. Brim and skirts will be hard to remove.

Not usually a problem :slight_smile: Iā€™ve had pieces of brims left over on the build plate.

Occasionally it has built up around the nozzle, but it didnā€™t affect the print in any way from what I could tell.

If youā€™re worried about residue and glue and stuff, some isopropyl alcohol cleans the build plate really well :slight_smile:

-Greg

2 Likes

Hi I am currently having the same problem and do not have access to a linux based pc. Have you found a solution? Does anyone at Snapmaker like @Rainie or @Noah know what this problem could be? It is also happening to my usb stick and I am using a windows 7 system as well. Literally the exact same problem and it is awful. I canā€™t keep my laptop tied up while printing as I need to use it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Another post here mentioned the same problem, which I was also having. The easy fix is just to put a .nc at the end of the file name, as only .nc files show up on the usb when laser engraving. It worked for me.

Hope it works!

1 Like

Hey Guys, a quick question please : do you know how much an empty snap maker PLA spool weighs? thanks

Anyone know which filaments can handle frequent exposure to isopropyl alcohol?

Based on what I was able to Google, nylon appears to be one of the few that is completely resistant to isopropanol.

Hi my partner purchased the snapmaker 3 in 1 and we have had. Outing but problems with it. We were able to 3d print but have been unsuccessful when trying to use the program to get the laser engraved or the cnc router to work. Have downloaded all the updated software, the program comes up as a blank black screen, canā€™t use it unless we go to website view and yet still canā€™t generate a g code or load anything at all.

The 3d printer head needed changing due to a massive buildup of pla around the nozzle. We heated up the head to soften the plastic buildup and removed as much as we could to avoid damage to the wires and followed instructions to remove the screw to be able to pull the wires out. Once screw was removed we pulled the wires. The wire were suppose to come out easily as Stated in the forum but they didnā€™t one is still stuck and when my partner was gently pulling one of the other wires brokeā€¦he is very disappointed to have spent the money and now not be able to do anything with the 3d printerā€¦

Please help me he is so close to losing it and throwing it away and giving up on the whole thing

The quickest way to get back to printing is to replace the hot end block and whichever wire broke. Iā€™m not sure from your description which one you managed to take out. The wire with the big rod is the heating element which heats up the block to the desired temperature. The one with the smaller end is the thermistor. This measures the temperature of the block.

This sort of thing happens to most users. It is part of the hobby. Good luck and hope you get to printing real soon.