Random HELP - Ask here!

I would go with greyscale you can see the difference in the images below with the greyscale on the right side.

Depends on what look you after after.

Doug

What are those settings for greyscale? 50-50-255?

1 Like

@shawnusaf

For you first test I would leave all the settings as default. It is all trial and learning from there on.

You will have to change the image size. When I load the image with the white background the dimensions are 120 x 151.2mm, too big for Snapmaker. I would suggest changing the 151.2. to 100 which will re-scale the image (see second image below)

Let me know how it goes.

Doug

So quick help the image was too dark, how would I make it lighter, with more detail?

1 Like

Hi @shawnusaf

Did you use the Greyscale for this?

hahaha you have just flown from the nest and now you will have to experiment with some trial and error, like the rest of us.

You have four options to play with (highlighted in picture below). slowly change some of the values and look at the changed image. Remember to press Preview after you alter your options; and don’t forget to alter the image size when you start.

Have fun

Doug

Yes I did, and normally I would just experiment with it but I’m crunched for time so I thought I’d ask for help

Hi Doug,

Sorry late getting back to you. Using Macbook Pro, High Sierra. I found I can open .stl files from within the program but I can’t double-click on the .stl file to open in Snapmaker3D, it throws an error.

1 Like

Hi @prodigerati

Alas I have no ideas as you have gone to the dark side with Macs (hahahaha) maybe @Rainie can help

Have a good weekend.

Doug

Why does my printer start printing outside the heated bed?

1 Like

I assume you are talking about the start of a print; if so this is to start the filament flowing freely before starting on the print bed.

Doug

1 Like

Hi all, I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem.
I am trying to use the usb and touchscreen to laser engrave. However when I export gcode from snapmakerjs the output is .nc file. When I load it to the usb and use the touchscreen it thinks it is a cnc file and cannot run even though I have the laser module plugged in. I am running 2.2.2 of snapmakerjs and I got my snapmaker about a month ago so should have the latest firmware on it. As an aside the laser engraver works fine when it is connected to my pc, I just don’t want to have to connect it everytime I want to engrave something.

Thanks for helping.
Tony

1 Like

Do the SnapMaker docs list GCODES that the controller understands?
If not, could someone on the SnapMaker Team list them somewhere on the forum? - Thanks

1 Like

Hi @tone

All I know so far is that Snapmaker modifies the Marlin system for use. So all the Marlin G-Codes should work.

Snapmaker have an additional command of M1005 to display the installed firmware. Have you seen the Marlin G-Codes

Doug

1 Like

Nope. Looking now

adding it to the Wiki now

1 Like

@Tone

Soon we will be ‘youngies’ and not newbies any more hahaha get ready to shed the training pants (be prepared to clean up messes though)

Doug

@Rainie, Does the SnapMaker support all the Marlin GCODES?

1 Like

@Tone

I found this cheat sheet last week RepRap GCode Cheat Sheet However I have not had time to see if it is directly applicable to the Snapmaker configuration, nor have I added it to Snaplinks until it is validated.

Doug

I have the same problem. I loaded a bunch of files and they all said
cnc
cnc
cnc

I choose one and nothing happens. Did you get an answer?

No answer yet, think it is a bug and it still doesn’t work for the latest software