Quick and easy Dual Extruder Filament Feeders for Enclosure (A350T)

Hi Gang,

After installing the dual extruder in my A350T I had all sort of issues dealing with filament feeding. I’ve seen what some have printed to correct this, but I wanted a quick and easy way I could order something on Amazon that was durable, quick and easy to install.
Here is my solution:

(In CANADA FYI)
“# 2020 Aluminum Extrusion Connector Bracket Set Included 8PCS Joint Plates,40Pcs M5 T-Slot Nuts and 40Pcs M5x8mm Hex Socket Cap Screw for 2020 Series Aluminum Profile 3D Printer Frame”
QTY: 1
amazon.ca/2020-Aluminum-Extrusion-Connector-Included/dp/B0B27NRXZW

and

" Rotatable Ender New Release Filament Spool Holder Kit Built-in Bearing Bracket for Ender 3 V2/Ender 3 Pro/Ender 5/CR-10 Smart 3D Printers"
QTY: 2
amazon.ca/Rotatable-Release-Filament-Bearing-Printers/dp/B09ZTRGW5M

The results are quite impressive! (And when not in use the arms fold away and the spindle end can easily be removed too if required)

Hope this assists some with feeding issues with an Enclosure and Dual Extruder!
Thanks!

5 Likes

looks good, one way to solve the issues.
Personally to humid for the area i live i need the dry box attachment. But if that’s not an issue this is a sound answer it looks like.

I’m just now in the process of doing the first calibration check print (the little squares).

What sort of problems are people having with the dual filament feeder tubes that the dual extruder kit comes with? I’m not aware of this.

here is the issue i had and others have reported to also experience.

Basically the extruder motor can climb the filament and lift the nozzle if the drag force is to high.

Isn’t that a problem with anything? If your angles/box/whatever are inducing drag, it’s going to flex the head and screw things up.

Not flex the head.

Read the link. The problem is in there lifting mechanism for retracting the second nozzle when not in use. Its only held down by a relatively light spring pressure. So any drag on the filaments will cause the extruder to climb ever so slightly which changes your z height of the second nozzle.

If you have one. Just push up on the second nozzle (right) to see what i mean. While cold of course.

Also the extruder latch is really weak. Snapmaker knows this and provided a model to print of a little wedge to put in the mechanism of the extruder latch. Makes feeding 100% more conistant.

1 Like

Might explain the bird nest I woke up to this morning :joy:

I’m finding the DX to be a tad frustrating too. Support seems to be very anemic as well. They didn’t really think through this add-on. I feel like the original add-one must’ve already been done when the snappy 2 was made.