Dual Extruder - Left feeding gear issue

Hello,

Configuration summary:
3D Printer model: A350T + Enclosure
Tool: Dual Extruder module, default nozzle mounted
Firmware: Snapmaker2_V1.15.12
Luban: snapmaker-luban 4.5.1
Left Nozzle: Snapmaker PLA White (configuration Luban standard)
Right Nozzle: Snapmajer Breakaway PLA (configuration Luban standard)

Parameters:

• Left Default-Normal Print
  • Right Default-Normal Print

It’s been a few days I’m trying the dual extruder and I made 3 prints without problems; the model output had a very good finish.

In these days during the weekend, I tried different time to print a model but every time there was a “lack” of filament the left nozzle (no filament came out from the nozzle). First thing I thought the problem was the retraction, after some printing tests I realized that the feeding gear of left nozzle unhooked a bit itself during printing the second layer, making it impossible to feed the filament inside the hotend (

I tried to:

• Unload filament
  • Clean softly the feeding like the instruction provided
  • Close properly the filament feeding gear (I heard a sound that confirmed the closing)
  • Load the filament
  • Printing test

For all printing test, only the right nozzle worked properly without unhook, the left nozzle after 2 or 3 layers always unhooked, like the picture in attachment, just enough not to allow the flow of the filament.

The link below is one of print test video:

So, I’m unable to print with my left nozzle, someone have an idea how to fix?

1 Like

Refer to this for a fix. I’ve wedged a nut in there in the meantime which seems to keep it fairly secure

1 Like

Thank you!
Fixed using the STL provided, i added it to both extruder.
But this is only a workaround, do you think that Snapmaker will provide a final solution?
(maybe replacing the parts?)
I asked to the support but i’m still waiting

OMG…Same exact issue. Just submitted it when I found yours.

I was thinking of the same type of fix and glad someone has an STL for this. This is really unfortunate that we have to print a hack / work around. Snapmaker, hope you are planning to send the early adopters updated factory parts.

1 Like

Just here to say I’m also having this issue with both of my extruders. Sometimes the filament buckles inside, other times it just grinds away at the filament and pushes nothing through. Currently printing the workaround blocks.

Hoping we’ll all get repair kits free of charge.

I have the same problem with at least the left extruder - right will be tested soon.

Thanks a lot for sharing the “hack” / workaround, really appreciate that!

same problem and clogging of the nozzle when processing PVA

I’ve had my Artisan for about a month now and started having the same problem with at least the left extruder last night. Thanks a lot for sharing the “hack” / workaround, really appreciate that! I’m going to try it out tonight.

Hey guys someone posted a different version of the wedge on one of these posts that they made

The snapmaker supplied wedges were too tight to fit but these that a user made i think fit well and i like them

Snapmaker 2.0 Dual Extruder Module Feed Wedge by sewezema - Thingiverse

Actually i think i installed them upside down, but they fit in really well like that. the right side fits much better than the left does

1 Like

Please email support and tell them what you experienced. They need to fix the problem. The only way they’ll know is if you email them.

1 Like