Preorders delayed and new orders ship

A few isolated incidents is one thing. Could have been poor contact of the thermal pad, or very harsh ambient air conditions… there are always failures, but I haven’t seen enough cases of failures with thermal pads to be concerned… yet… though anything is possible.

According to the people on that forum there are many more failures than thermal pads missing being reported. Either way, take a look at this, somebody disassembled theirs to check and I may be wrong but it almost looks like they have 2 driver IC’s to their motor? Perhaps this is SM’s first attempt to fix this, by having 2 IC’s in parallel? IDK, either way take a look. Also I attached the major failure, rail on fire!

Therefore smoke alarms in the workshop! :woman_firefighter:

Interesting, I should have a few new rails on their way, I will take a look at them before selling the unit. But 2 drivers controlling 1 motor is not a good idea… drivers aren’t synced so they would fight each other. Hard to tell from the pictures but it seems like the damage isn’t around the ic but rather around the wiring. But that could just be the angle… alas I do not use FB so I can not get any details beyond those posted here in the official forums.

Hi, may i know where to fill in the survey? i ordered my A350 on Aug and i never received any email about filling in a survey!

thanks
Ed

The e-mail was sent through backerkit and allowed to add the enclosure and some tools to your order. Title was: “Response Needed – Get your reward for Snapmaker 2.0 Preorder - EU - A250, A350”

Not sure if they are still using backerkit for this. And if they are, if they have already sent those out for the more “recent” orders.

You should check the statuspage (see this sticky: Pre-order shipping update (October)) with your order number.

1 Like

Thank You very much!

1 Like

I actually just received the mail confirmation of the order being sent and it includes the following part:

4.) Why didn’t I get a survey?

You won’t get a survey if you order after July 2020. For pre-order users that placed their orders before or in July 2020, if you still haven’t received your survey, please check your email spam folder and inbox. We also send a weekly reminder that reminds you to fill out your survey.

So as you ordered in August, I assume you won’t get a survey and they’ll just ship it directly. (Hopefully for you soon)

1 Like

After a long time of waiting my preordered A350 finaly arrived on the 4.11. in Switzerland
Everything took so long and suddenly happend so fast. The building process was as smooth like it could be. The only thing I could complain is the poor communication with the snapmaker team.
The whole product is designed and engineered so well. If the communication would have been better and more transparent I think that would make my buyers experience on of the best I ever had.

2 Likes

Got It, Thank You!!!

I ordered an A350 well over a year ago, they said it was due to arrive last March. Then the world imploded and everything got delayed. Finally received it last month.

Of course worked for two days, then I lost a linear rail (X-Axis), so after three weeks of comments, emails, etc. (Because they were on a two week national holiday) and a week to resolve all the outstanding tickets that had built up.

The replacement was sent, and has now arrived in the UK. Its with the Royal Mail for delivery. That could take another year.

1 Like

Good News!!

It arrived this morning.

2 Likes

Finally it’s here :innocent:
I hope you won’t hear from me during the next days :grin:

Mine arrived today as well :slight_smile:
Already printing my first callibration cube :partying_face:
Now bedtime

1 Like

I paid for express shipping (DHL) but it got sent by boat. Anyone else have this issue?

Now I have to wait 40-50 days for a damn tracking number and 45-65 days for the damn thing to arrive!

I’ve sent multiple inquiries regarding this and will be doing a chargeback soon if there is still no reply.

I pre-ordered my A350 in August.
the /orderstatus link told me it was shipped Oct. 29th.
I received an email Nov. 27th with a FedEx tracking number, saying they were ‘preparing it to be shipped’ from City of Industry, CA. With the timeline from the original ship date, I assumed that meant it had arrived in the States and would need to go through customs, which could take a while with COVID, but as that was over 3 weeks ago and I haven’t heard anything, I contacted Snapmaker last week. I was told that yes, things were running a bit behind (!) and she would contact their ‘logistics colleague’ and urge the carrier company to arrange the delivery as soon as possible.
So far, however, FedEx still hasn’t received the package and there have been no updates. So blaming the carrier doesn’t seem appropriate. It’s whatever ‘logistics’ service is managing getting the products from the ship, through customs, to the carrier that is the bottleneck.

I am not upset with the August-late October time to ship. I knew that was probable from the get-go.
I am not upset with the near 30 days from China to California. For boat shipments that’s not unusual, and we were told that it could take up to 45 days from ship date to receive our package.
But after over 3 weeks of it sitting in the warehouse (it CAN’T still be on the boat, can it?), I’m starting to be concerned, especially seeing all of the other people having serious problems with delays and really poor customer service (especially in the communication department).

So my question is this: at what point would it be considered appropriate to start a charge dispute with my credit card company? I know some would say “never!” and others might say “two weeks ago!” but I’m trying to find that spot between giving them some leeway because of uncontrollable circumstances, and being a gullible idiot getting scammed for over $1500.

The label being prepared only means that the logistics company (the company that gets it from the boat and through customs to fedex) has been told to be ready for it.
It can be at any point from getting on the boat to being unloaded to sitting in customs to sitting at the logisitics place. In the best of times this can take some time. With the current covid situation going on and the rise in cases it’s a nightmare. From someone who works as a longshoreman it can take a couple days just to unload a containership in the best of times.
Customs is backed up too.
SM has done a bad job of communicating but they are being delivered.
You’re not being scammed. Doesn’t make it any less frustrating.
If you want some perspective I ordered mine as a Kickstarter backer and received it 18 months later, 6 months late.
-S

2 Likes

Just so you know, the paperwork is separate from the actual box(es). The box is shipped via boat in a container from China to a port in or near your country, on the shipping status page that SM presented to me, it says this:

Note: Your order is/will be (please refer to the order status) shipped by sea. If you are located in the United States or Australia, the shipping time is approximately 30-45 days. We will provide your tracking number 25-35 days after your order is shipped.

If you are located in Canada, the shipping time is approximately 45-65 days due to stricter customs during the pandemic. We will provide your tracking number 40-50 days after your order is shipped.

Important update: Due to safety measures taken by the customs in some countries during COVID-19, it takes a longer time for packages to clear the customs. Your package might be delayed for 7-14 days.

That means that for the USA it will take up to 45 days to get to the port. As a separate process the customs paperwork is created for importation into your country. That’s what the email you received was about. Your SM may not actually have arrived at this point. 45 days puts it at 13 December for arrival in port - if nothing else happens along the way. Given the proximity to christmas and the global pandemic I’d be surprised if it takes as little as 45 days.

Then, once it’s arrived in port it will go through customs, which takes time that’s not fixed either. The above information indicates up to a fortnight to clear customs, but given the time of year, probably more.

Then, and only then, will FedEx actually get notified that they can put their hands on the package and start the process of getting it to you.

I’m in the same position, in a different country and over here I can expect it to take at least three weeks to get from one end of the country to the other - since the local shipping companies appear to be using goats rather than modern forms of transport.

So, you can start arguing with your credit card company, or you can be patient.

I for one will be thrilled if my SM arrives before Australia Day.

Onno

I’m in a similar boat to others here — Snapmaker just doesn’t give accurate information. My order < SM2020414463> has been listed as “shipping label printed” for about 6 weeks, which basically means nothing. Anyone can ship a printing label. No updates and we are nearly in 2021 for an A350 order placed around April. And I have no info on the enclosure I ordered as part of my survey (doesn’t seem to be included in the packing list claimed on my order).

I can accept delays in a situation like this, but Snapmaker needs to stop pretending that printing shipping labels means anything. That’s just a lame attempt to distract people for a few weeks. In the meantime, I keep seeing ads on Facebook and they seem fine with luring more people in.

What do you think, Snapmaker folks?

Another 2 weeks have passed and still no updates on my order. But at least the label was printed two months ago! :frowning: