Newly installed 40W laser, can't move on to Platform Height Calibration

HI all.

Just installed the new 40W laser; A350T, quick swap & enclosure, FW 1.18.1

First power-up prompts to accept Safety etc, works ok. Next screen is ‘Platform Height Calibration’, and nothing I’ve tried has allowed me to get past this. I can see the Start button is ‘working’, but not proceeding. Been over the install docs oh so many times, not even mentioned… (now a PDF, no longer the polished physical manual - shame SM). Reboots obviously end up stuck at the same prompt. Can connect to the unit via Luban+WiFi, so working ok behind the touchscreen request.

Any ideas pls? anyone else had this same issue?

Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately there is no hint or declaration what to do at height calibration.

Are there modifications on your bed or quickswap kit not activated?

Hi, & thanks for the reply.

Yeah, that’s the doc I used to install. No, no mods or changes, was printing just fine with dual extruder just before the swap. Luban reports all add-ons (and even still works with moving the gantry & bed)

I’ve raised a ticket…

Please let us know the solution for this problem.

Of course I will :slight_smile: - In typical support fashion, it may be many days, so far it’s been 1 response per day with a single request…

My fat fingering :laughing: - turns out that the toolhead power boost cable (double end), while pin-compatible with either the toolhead or addon 1 ports, needs to be connected in specific location (as printed on the connector!).

1 Like

I am having the same problem, any solution?. I checked the cable connector, and it is as stated in the manual. toolhead in the last one and addon the following down.