My dual extruder is not showing its connected on my snapmaker 2.0 A350T touch screen, any ideas?

It’s normal that the dual extruder can’t be correctly recognized with 1.14…

Try to make the initial setup of the single extruder before moving on.

As written before, start with power off:

1. disconnect the dual extruder, connect the single extruder
  2. Update to 1.15.2, wait till it’s ready (no manual turning off!)
  3. Turn off again
  4. Connect your dual extruder

Well ive tryed all those steps multiple times with no luck, the only step that doesnt work is letting it complete the firmware update on its own without shutting it off, it will stay on for days until i shut it off, after it completes the last step on the firmware i shut it off 30mins after and always has an update success message after i turn it back on but i thank you for your imput.

1 Like

And also after M502 && M500 the firmware update can’t be completed?
@Sharb : do you also have problems to update firmware completely?

Maybe this is the reason for your problems…
Lets see what support says about this fact.
Did you ever try another USB thumb drive for updating? Fat32 max 16GB.

Yes. A couple of versions of firmware ago, I encountered it (using WiFi that matters here). I left it sit for more than a day….then contacted support. They told me that it was fine and I could turn it off and restart. I did….everything then worked just fine. The next update I did, it DID reboot at the end. I believe that successful one was what was on the system when I started this time. I did 1.17 and it never restarted. Then I did 1.18 and it didn’t restart either. I’m sorry but I don’t know the version before….maybe 1.15….but I can’t say for certain.

I guess to add on to that. It shows now as 1.18 and says I’m on the most current version……but it doesn’t seem to recognize the dual extruder nor the quick swap kit. So it thinks it’s done, but since I see no new behavior, I can’t prove it.

No the update screen never says complete on its own untill i manually shut it down and boot it back up, even after M502 M500, i do get update successful message when it boots back up so i dont know.

Been 3hours and its still on this screen, down grading to version 1.15.2

Of course i always power it down before making any head swaps.

Hi Trey

I had something similar happen when I first received my 2.0. It had trouble "fully"updating by itself.

This is what I did:

Turn off the machine

Disconnect head and heated bed

Delete everything from the usb stick and then put newest firmware on it (April 23 at that time)

Plug in usb stick and turn on machine. Update firmware

Turn off machine and plug head and bed in

Turn machine back on

Performed calibation routine

Since then my machine has updated and acted as expected

Thanks, I’ll check it out! The single extruder works great and prints nice also my 10w laser works great even with the rotary attached, the dual extruder has no head nozzle or bed detection on screen when attached, also when i have the head cable disconnected and turn it on its the same screen, my machines not detecting the dual extruder, been trying with snapmaker and forums to figure out this issue, snapmaker even sent me another dual extuder to try and same issue. With single extuder it shows the head temp and bed temp on this same screen, so gotta keep trying, thanks for your story glad it worked for you ima have to try somthing. I have versions 14-18 on micro sd in a usb adapter never had issues updating with wifi ever, ive been updating by usb for a month trying to solve this issue of my dual extruder, im about to just send it back and say forget it.

Hey there to add to your quick swap kit question, your machine or any machine will never detect a bolt on product with no electrical component conected, it may ask if you have the quick swap kit other wise it cannot be detected.

Yeah…gotcha. I’m not suggesting it should detect it……only that the instructions say the option is there to set and I don’t see it. I know it won’t “know” about the thing being on the machine or not….and that it probably adjusts something in the mechanics of making the print/engrave/etc.

Did that update procedure work for you?

I think i seen it in machine setting in Luban, im pretty sure its there.

No the update still only works for my single head and 10w laser, still not detecting my dual head, also i still have to power down to finish updates it wont finish by its self, i dont get it, ive done all the resets and tryed down grading to version 1.15.2 from usb, with head and heated bed disconnected, still wont finish update on its own, i do get a update successful message when i power it back on, both dual heads i have arent detecting, with head cable disconnected or connected i get the same screen,

Yeah….Luban is no problem. I see it there….just doesn’t translate out to the machine.

Bummer. I was hoping that attempt from jtf99k would be the magic bullet. I do feel like the firmware is the problem……we just have to figure out how to get it to successfully complete the install. Tonight, I’ll do some looking around on that SPECIFIC topic……maybe that will turn up something new.

When does it update correctly the last time?-Did it ever finish correctly?

I guess snapmaker will send you a new controller or touchscreen. Keep getting on.

Ok good to know, i need to purchase the quick kit, im tired of changing 35 screws to change beds, but i can wait i dont change beds often.

Thanks, i appreciate it, ive tryed everything , maybe something wrong with main power box, first time i got my snapmaker 2.0 i was updating using the wifi and it would auto complete updates, i think it started having that issue after updates 1.15.2. Ive tryed to downgrade back to 1.14.1 to see if it would fix it but no firmware seems to do the trick.

Maybe somthing like that, i dont know, waiti g for snapmaker to email me back.