Dual extrusion module - not responding

Hey everyone,

I’ve received my dual module, however when it’s plugged in I get the following error:

Warning: the machine is not responding. Would you like to reconnect?

Reconnecting does nothing, all other modules work with no issue.

I’ve put a support request in to snapmaker, but while I wait I thought I would see if anyone else had the same issue?

1 Like

The Dual Extrusion Module requires the latest firmware, however the latest firmware appears to have a problem with all other modules and does not work with them. You have 2 options:

1. Use the new firmware while using the Dual Extrusion Module, and reverting to the previous version for all other Modules.
  2. Wait for Snapmaker to fix the firmware.

You could experiment with #1, but I believe that pretty much everyone is waiting for #2. Snapmaker personnel will be back in the office on Monday, so hopefully they will have a fix within the next couple of weeks.

Thanks so much, I thought I had a dodgy unit!

I’ll wait for the upgrade with everyone else :sunglasses:

same problem !

upgrading my print head for the dual extruder produces machine is not responding.

reattaching the old prent headit works just fine

the guide says I should have installed 1.15.0 or later

but firmware reinstallation loads saying v1.14.3 is the latest version

when is it due?

I think snapmaker is back from holiday tomorrow, so hopefully they can prioritise a fix!!

There is a newer version that should fix it → V1.15.12

Hi Guys,
So this is problem still, are there anyone has been fixed problem after so many days since this post on days ago? I have used USB flash driver download new vison, but nothing happend when it has put into machine, anyone have idea?

You have to go to files usb and select the firmware.bin like a gcode to execute.

Maybe you need to disconnect the toolhead (at unpowered state) , cant verify didnt got mine yet.

Yes, need to disconnect the toolhead, it works now.
xchrisd, thank you. :+1:

It seems like the Dual Extrusion Module problems are now spanning several different threads, but this one seems the most relevant to my (latest) problem.

I have an A350T with the Dual Extrusion Module newly installed. I was able to get it working long enough to immediately run into the “heat creep” issue that’s been plaguing other customers. Annoying as it was to part-swap on a brand new piece of hardware, I replaced the door with the printed DIY one (the STL file that’s available) while I joined the long line of people waiting for the repair kit (ETA…October, naturally).

I was able to successfully print one full model (8-ish hours) and was ready to move onto a test model using supports, when I got an error message indicating that there had been a disconnection. After some poking around, it became obvious that the controller wasn’t recognizing the Dual Extrusion Module as a connected toolhead.

I’ve done the following:

• Started and restarted the printer multiple times.
  • Disconnected and reconnected the DEM multiple times.
  • Checked and secured all connections in the printer.
  • Tested the other toolheads/modules and cables (single-extruder, etc.) to make sure they still work (they continue to be recognized as toolheads and still work).
  • Checked the inside of the DEM to make sure nothing was clogged, severed or knocked out of place (it wasn’t).
  • Did a factory reset and re-installed the latest firmware via USB.
  • For good measure, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Luban software.

Nothing has worked. The Files folder is empty (because, without recognizing the toolhead, the printer doesn’t know what filetypes to display). The Calibration menu indicates that there is no toolhead connected. Nothing has “happened” to make the toolhead suddenly undetectable, but there it is. Bricked.

Any ideas?

I’m asking the community, because these problems seem to be ubiquitous with the new hardware, and Snapmaker has been woefully unresponsive. I’ve never had this level of buyer’s remorse with a piece of 3D printing hardware.

You will need to contact support, but from what you have said, you have probably voided your warranty. The documentation specifically states to never remove or add a module while the power is on, as that can kill any module, and it sounds like your 3D Printing Module is now dead.

1 Like

The issue arose prior to any connect/disconnect of the module whatsoever. It happened after a print job was just completed, and just as I was starting the next print job (i.e., mid-process). All the connections were made when the printer was powered down. Original post revised for clarity.

Besides, the warranty’s a non-issue, since a warranty’s only as good as the company providing it.