Min Temp Err at Random, NA at Random on Board and Nozzle

I did some light 3d printing last week and had no issues for the record. Earlier though I was turning it on to load some new filament and start a run of holiday project prints for my sons school class, however I’m dead in the water right now. The touch screen started giving the “min temp err” and the controller indicator light turns red, while both Nozzle and Bed start showing NA on the display. If I wait a few a few the Bed or Nozzle (or both) will start reporting temperatures again (on the display) and if I turn it off and on it will come back for a few minutes before doing the same thing. I’ve noticed it usually always happens once I try and calibrate it but other times its at random. I was going to order a thermistor but since the bed is showing NA at the same time (and then they both go in and out) I was thinking its possibly the controller? Also not sure if this is normal but once I get the “min temp err” the touchscreen becomes totally unresponsive to input but the display still updates. Any ideas or likely fixes?

Hi, there are three possible reasons for this issue: something wrong with the controller, poor contact of the 3D printing module port, and poor contact of the RJ45 cable.

To narrow the troubleshooting area, you can change the head to a laser module or CNC module to see if you will meet this issue again. As you mentioned that it happened randomly, it might take some time of using for you to confirm that it works well with the other two heads. If it happens again, it’s probably that there’s something wrong with the controller. If it doesn’t happen again, either the 3D printing module port or the RJ45 cable might have a poor contact.

If you still cannot make it, you shall contact support@snapmaker.com without further hesitation. Hope it helps.

Jade, I let this sit for quite a while as I was a bit frustrated at how much time I was spending testing, cleaning, dissembling and couldn’t get it to work. At THIS point I do not get the min temp error on anything other than the 3D Printing module (with the bed obviously). I have cleaned all the RJ-45 ports and connectors, upgraded firmware, replaced the heating element and the thermistor but I still get the “Min Temp Err”. Is there some way to enable some sort of debug to see where this error is coming from (Printer Module, Heated Bed, Other…). Beyond that what are my alternatives as I have a completely non-functional paperweight right now as far as 3D Printing goes which was its primary use. I am obviously past any warranty since I was an original backer but if I can get it back up and running without major costs I would like to do so.

What was the ultimate answer? I am experiencing the exact same issue. It will only print for about 15 min then fail. Only 3D printer head. Bed goes cold immediately. Anybody have help on this?

This Min Temp Err started happening for me and the nozzle temp is NA. Any solutions to this problem?

Hi, we recently combined Snapmakerjs with Snapmaker Luban in the newest version of Luban. Please try that version to see if it helps. Thank you.

Nope it doesn’t help since this is happening on the Snapmaker 1. I thought this post was about V1 not V2. Sorry.

@JKC20 I just checked, clearly this is posted under the Snapmaker Original… that was so not helpful posting V2 firmware.

That was a wrong link I sent you. It was supposed to be the link to the Snapmaker 2.0 Luban download not the firmware download. Luban is now compatible with the Original. I’ve changed to the link from my original post. Sorry about that.

So no new firmware for SM1?

JKC20 has edited the link above, have you updated to luban?

I don’t see a firmware download, just the software.

I’m testing it out now, but the very first thing that happened was the software gave the kill() halt() whatever min temp err again and then I had to shut it all off and launch and turn the machine on and it works, but why am I getting the Min Temp Err?

Hi,
Now there is no new firmware for SM1.
For the Min Temp Err issue, please kindly refer to this FAQ first https://support.snapmaker.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041449433-What-should-I-do-if-the-touchscreen-shows-Min-Temp-Err-Nozzle-