Luban 4.4.0 not connecting

I ran into this issue and following the previous steps didn’t help. I saw that Luban is now open source, pretty freaking cool. On Github you can see the releases for the previous versions and I noticed for the 4.3.0 update the release notes specify The recommended firmware version for Snapmaker 2.0 is 1.14.2. Have to update firmware version for Snapmaker 2.0 equal or above 1.14.1 to use wifi connection

I followed the instructions here to update the firmware for my Snapmaker (the USB option as I didn’t see the Firmware Upgrade option on the touchscreen)

I closed Luban, turned off the Snapmaker, turned it back on and VOILA IT LETS ME CONNECT!!!

I didn’t delete the app data as mentioned above but I did uninstall and reinstall Luban prior to trying the above steps. Hope this helps y’all out :smiley:

Uninstalling and re-installing doesn’t delete the data folder they’re using…which should probably also be addressed in a future release.

My Firmware version shows nothing. Which is interesting. I’ll see about the USB firmware upgrade and check back.

Edit: Right. Mine also refuses to acknowledge the USB drives I put into it. I tried several different brands and it doesn’t like any of them.

Edit 2: I renamed the firmware’s bin file to a gcode file, reset the data folder from the step above, sent the firmware to the machine, and then renamed it back to .bin on the touch screen’s UI and install it from the touchscreen…nothing seems bricked so far? I’m not sure that’s much of an endorsement, but it seems to have worked for me. The data folder trick worked for me too, but I was only able to print a single model before having to repeat all of the delete steps.

Thanks, this solved it!

I figured out the exact file to modify (or delete): “C:/Users/your_username/AppData/Roaming/snapmaker-luban/machine.json”

Steps:

1. Close Snapmaker Luban (if open).
  2. Navigate to the file above, and open it.
  3. Either delete the “machine.json” file entirely, or open it up and modify it – renaming or deleting the “server” section (shown below). [modifying is arguably better, since avoids welcome-dialog reshowing in Luban]
  4. Open Snapmaker Luban again; it should be able to connect fine again.
3 Likes

Hi, just my 2 cents and I am not an expert at all… Dynamic IP change automatically in time, could this affect the server adressing in Luban as shown in the figure above (token old) ?

Great, does anyone know what file this is on the Mac? Still can’t access.

I also have the same problem with the WiFi connection. I get the impression that the Luban program has problems when the Snapmaker has the same wifi address as last time. My Wifi address was 192.168.2.3 today, the same address as yesterday and therefore no connection. When I changed the address to 192.168.2.5 I suddenly had a connection. This trick has worked a few times now!
I have changed the Wifi address in the Router of my Wifi network by resetting the Router or by throwing the Snapmaker out of the network for a while. If you only get a different WiFi address from the Router, the problem is solved for that day.

1 Like

Same problem…
A350 is connected to Wifi Router (I checked it in the router settings)
Luban 4.40.0 does not connect OR if it is connected for only 5 sec.

On the router settings I assigned an IP for the A350. I use a mesh network. BUT the A350 is not using the nearest Access Point it almost connects to the main router, what is okay on field strength and should work, but it doesn’t :frowning:

I would also need how to get the file path from Wicklunds (thread above) for mac.

Thanks in advance

I also have the same problem and I’m on mac. Tried the reset of the touchscreen suggested and that didn’t fix the issue.
Really at a loss and have tons of things I need to print.

Had this same problem on MacOS, the deleting of the server JSON entry fixed it for me, on my version of MacOS (sometimes the path changes I think) – the file was in:

~/Library/Application Support/snapmaker-luban/machine.json

3 Likes

You LEGEND! This worked for me when nothing else had. Thank you!

I’ve got the same problem and have searched for this file but there isn’t one in my computer with roaming.

So far the best solution I have found.
I wonder how long will it take to solve the problem from Snapmaker.

Hello all. I had the same issue for a very long time. It was very frustrating, to the point where I gave up and stopped using my machine for several months. I believe I have finally found a solution and I hope this helps everyone. Its been working for me for a couple of months now and I can switch from a laptop to a desktop and it connects right away. Anyways what I did was a firmware update NOT a software update. Here’s the link Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates and Downloads . You need a USB drive. I went to the link downloaded the latest firmware onto the USB drive then went to the snapmaker and connected the USB I then powered on the machine and went to settings went to Firmware Update clicked on that then updated and its been working beautifully since. After you do this update if there’s any other updates required you can now just go to the settings on the touchscreen and they will automatically be on there you just have to hit update. Hope this works for everyone.

That did it. I can’t believe nobody from Snapmaker has posted this or created a sw patch or anything. That is a severe bug and irritating. Thanks for sharing. FYI, instead of deleting i changed the name. When you start Luban it creates the folder all over again so deleting the or changing name is the way to go rather than an individual file

I have tried the “Chuong Solution”. It does work. But in my case I have to delete C:/User/your_username/AppData/Roaming/snapmaker-luban, everytime I need to use de machine.
I can´t believe this problem goes on and on with not a proper solution.

I think I’ve finally got it working the way it was intended after following the firmware update above. I downloaded and installed the firmware update and it updated all the modules, but then when I started Luban it also updated. I don’t know if that was because i have check for updates or the firmware update triggered something. Anyway it works perfectly (So far). I’ve connected to the workspace started and stopped a few jobs (you have to calibrate print head after firmware upgrade) and it reconnects every time. Before it would connect once and then throw the error so I used the USB. This workflow is much better. No more deleting files from …/AppData

I know we are supossed to behave and try not to let our words go when writing in this wall. But really, this is outreagous. I use this device for professional pourposes and the fact that there is no right solution to this problem makes me feel really, really ungry. And what I really feel like is to use strong words which perhaps, could express in a better way the way I feel about this particular problem.
Thank you snapmaker for doing absolutely nothing to fix it.