Connection Failed

Updated Luban 4.7 and got one 3D print. Tried for second print and received this error - "Connection Failed. The machine has been connected to other device. " I have uninstalled and reinstalled and still get the same error. How do I get rid of the other device?

Cycling power on the machine and restarting the program has always fixed this for me.

I get connection failures also since I guess three or four Luban versions. For me it is a game of patience - try several times, and at some point it works. In some cases it hangs at “screen authorization needed” (the printer does not show an authorization dialog), and sometimes it fails to connect with an error message. Got worse with every update of Luban.

I assume they changed something in the timing, like too low timeout setting or so… Annoying, but bearable. But admittedly I only use Luban to transfer files to the device - saves me to hassle with an USB stick. I run jobs from the touchscreen controller, not through Luban.

Also noticed that the intended disconnect is not required sometimes - what I mean is: I connect to the device, transfer the file, walk over to the Snapmaker, on the screen I click OK for the “file transferred” message, and then usually it says “connected” and I need to hit “Disconnect” to run the job. I had it now three times that the printer does not need to be disconnected, while Luban thinks it still is connected. Luban however sits idle, no status updates from the printer or so, I assume that the connection is not really there anymore.

I am having the same issue. Cycling the power, restarting Luban, even installing previous versions of Luban is not working. I have tried with multiple PC’s and laptops on my network. I set my SM up a few days ago, and have been able to print from multiple machines with no problem. Since yesterday all I get is the same “Connection Failed. The machine has been connected to other device.” message on every machine. I have tried shutting every computer down but one, and still I cannot connect.

If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Very frustrating. I was loving the prints I was getting, but this seems like an unnecessary hassle.

Thanks all. I finally went to an older version of Luban.