so since a few days my A350 won’t connect via wifi and I even can not use the cura/snapmaker plugin for data transfer without Luban. when I want to connect Luban says it does not recognize the machine and then I have to select what I have but nothing happens does someone know what’s going on? Luban and the A350 software is up to date!
I know some people have reported connection problems with the new firmware.
I don’t have the new rotary module so I haven’t bothered to upgrade. Especially since new firmware always seems to break as many things as it fixes.
I did have problems with connecting last week though and rebooting my router fixed it.
I dont have the rotary modul ether but the patch notes listed fixed and improved wifi connection thats the reason i updated
I have forwarded this issue to our software developer @Alan , will update the solutions here.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We need more information from you.
- Can you start a print or control Snapmaker machine via the touchscreen?
- Send me a screenshot of Luban when it shows the machine is not recognized. A photo of the touchscreen is also needed.
- Can you connect the machine via the USB cable and control the machine?
- Record your steps to connect the machine via WiFi so that we can reproduce it at our end.
- You can export the log files from the touchscreen and send them to me for further analysis. Here is an image for your reference.
Looking forward to your reply.
i Exported the log.
but now the error doesn’t appear anymore. My router rebooted this morning and now it works again.
That’s fine. Thank you for your feedback.
Some cases were reported that the machine cannot connect to Wi-Fi automatically after you reboot the machine.
Our software team has developed a beta version to improve the wifi connection.
Users who want to try this version, please send me some feedback.