J1 Slicer manual config

Quite a problem here on mac OSx 10.13
Luban 4.5 can’t slice anything for me, it always give an error when trying to generate g-code.
Cura… the latest version won’t start for me so i have to use V4.8 but the J1 plugin seems not functioning with this version…

so i’m unable to print anything at moment except the 3 test model found in the printer itself, they come out quite well to be honest but id like to print something else…

id like to try other slicer but i don’t know how to manually configure for this printer.

Can someone publish the parameters to be set in a manual config ?

Sounds like there’s more of an issue with your mac than the software. I believe there are other folks on here printing from mac’s.

1 Like

this is what you get when your mac is getting old, i can’t update my os anymore so i can’t install latest version of program etc etc…

1 Like

For reals? That’s unfortunate. Is there something you can run a VM on and install the software there?

Did you take a look at the Prusaslicer profile provided by the Snapmaker team here? Than one is just a start and sadly they obviously do not put too much effort into it - but when I will receive my J1 I will try that one nevertheless. I want an open slicer, but I never liked Cura that much…

2 Likes

I tried Prusa slicer and it worked !! thx a lot Mechanikus ! now the fun can begin…