Slicing profile parameters

I am working on creating profiles for the J1 using simplify3d/ideamaker. I will of course share it once I have it dialed down.

If I could get a list of printing parameters used on the J1 that would be extremely helpful.

2 Likes

nothing?! having the tool change, start and end gcode would really help.

Why not grab one of the published apps, and pull the settings out of that?

1 Like

Because I’m on a mac and the cura plugin is still bricked for mac users. The luban slicer does not reveal the start/end/tool change gcodes. thus, my want to create profiles on stable slicers that I am comfortable with…

What do you mean by bricked on a Mac? I’m using a Mac and the Cura plugin works fine for me.

From Cura, start G-Code:
;— Start G-code Begin —

M104 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0} ;Set Hotend Temperature

M140 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0} ;Set Bed Temperature

G28 ;Home

G1 Z0.8

M109 S{material_print_temperature_layer_0}

M190 S{material_bed_temperature_layer_0}

G1 Z0.8 F6000

M201 X10000 Y10000 Z500 E5000

M205 V5

G92 E0

G1 F200 E2

G92 E0

;— Start G-code End —

End G-Code:
;— End G-code Begin —

M104 S0

M140 S0

G92 E0

G1 E-1 F300 ;retract the filament

G92 E0

G28 Z

G28 X0 Y0

M84

;— End G-code End —

thank you for this. When I tried to load the plugin it didn’t do anything. There were others that had the same problem from the facebook group.

When you install the plug-in, do you rename it to remove the version number? I download the source code version, unzip it, rename the folder to remove the version, and copy it to the plugins directory. That works for me.

Great news for Simplify3D users. Since their reinvigoration and update to V5 they are also offering great support. I reached out to their Support Centre for how to set up a profile for J1 and they were helpful with the following response:

The scripts that they’re utilizing seem to park the extruder using G0 commands. Which in my opinion is not the safest option. But if that is required by the printer’s firmware then you will need to recreate what they’re doing there.

So for right extruder only the above script becomes as follows:

G0 F10000 X342 ; park right extruder

G28 Y0 ; home Y axis

M84 ; disable motors

M140 S0 ; turn off heated bed

M104 S0 T0 ; turn off extruder 0

M104 S0 T1 ; turn off extruder 0

M106 S0 ; turn off fan

And for left extruder only:

G0 F10000 X-14 ; park left extruder

G28 Y0 ; home Y axis

M84 ; disable motors

M140 S0 ; turn off heated bed

M104 S0 T0 ; turn off extruder 0

M104 S0 T1 ; turn off extruder 0

M106 S0 ; turn off fan

So, in addition to the above the only other thing you would have to set up in the Simplify3D profile is the print area size.
My main problem is that although they have provided me a response/information, I do not know how to enter this information in Simplify3D printer configuration :frowning:

1 Like

Did Simplify3D support mention anything about them setting up a J1 profile in their software?

I currently use it for all of my slicing but have yet to upgrade to V5.