Snapmaker Luban stuck on preparing for slicing

I tried to use snapmaker today after about a week of inactivity. After loading a .stl file and trying to generate G-code it stayed at ‘preparing for slicing’ and never advanced. I cleared that and tried to load an old file that I new works and still had the same results. I went ahead and upgraded to the most recent version. Still same results. I’m stuck at the moment unable to print anything. I’m on a MAC. Any help would be appreciated.

It sounds like a corrupted preference file. This is what worked for me.
Quit luban.
Do a search (finder window, not spotlight) for luban. Click on the “+” in the upper right of window and turn on the option for “include system files”. There’s a folder called “snapmaker-luban” Delete the two “cookies” files and empty the “cache” folder. Empty trash. Then restart.
The one warning is that any time you mess with a preference folder it might wipe out settings. So if you have any saved you might want to take screenshots and/or export them. (this is good general practice anyway).
Let me know if this works for you.
You can also just delete the whole folder and do a clean install but then you’ll lose any settings you’ve saved.
-S

sdj544, I ended up removing and reinstalling the software. Everything is back to normal. Thank you.

1 Like

I am having the same issue when trying to generate a g code for a topo surface. I tried reinstalling the software but didn’t have any luck. I’m using windows and have tried it on two different machines. Any suggestions?

Try Cura or Prusaslicer. Don’t need to set up specifically for SM to try. Just pick a normal setting to try.
It may just be too complex. Also make sure it isn’t too big for the size of your SM.
It won’t give you a warning that it is.

-S