Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

Hello, My name is BarryNg, I am a software engineer from China, looking to learn new technologies and meet new friends.

4 Likes

Hi, my name is Zac and I live in California. I am anxiously awaiting the SnapMaker 1st for adding custom engraving to the hand turned items that I make, mostly pens and pencils. While I am planning on using the 3D printing and CNC capabilities to further enhance and augment the items that make.

I am more of a lurker on forums, but now we have to reply to a few topics before we are able to start a new post, I figured that I would start here so that when the time comes that I need help or want to post something of substance I wonā€™t feel the need to hi-jack a thread, or give up.

2 Likes

Hi all,
My name is Jaap-Hein, Iā€™m from The Netherlands and working as Webdeveloper. I also like to tinker with electronics, arduinos etc. This will be my second 3d printer. I have a delta that has some problems (heater canā€™t reach higher temperatures, bed levelling is a pain), so the Snapmaker will be my cartesian 3d printer and my first cnc!

There are a lot of projects in my head and Iā€™m allready exploring Fusion 360 and looking at the CAM part of it. But is it still has some mysteriesā€¦

2 Likes

Jeezā€¦ So many amazingly qualified people here. Iā€™m kinda jealous with all the talent.

Nameā€™s Ben and Iā€™m new to all of this but am excited to get started

3 Likes

Donā€™t forget many us are newbies to this art form and many of us are on a huge learning curve, no matter of our professional backgrounds.

Keep having fun!

Doug

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m Andrew. Iā€™m a Graphic Designer with my own company BluBot Design and a model maker & painter that works on Miniatures and Mecha Models I donā€™t even know entirely what Iā€™m going to use my snapmaker for - a little 3D printing, a little CNC work, and maybe a bit of laser engraving - but I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be using the laser module too much.

4 Likes

Hi there!

My name is Abzal, and Iā€™m from Kazakhstan. Iā€™m a very new person in this field. Earlier used to play around AutoCAD and Photoshop. It was only like a hobby.

However, I begin to get interested in 3D modeling and creating some interesting staff last few month. Looking forward to create something exciting, and surprise my fellows. :slight_smile:

Hopefully, this forum will help me and inspire for doing special special :blush:

Be blessed and have a nice day.

5 Likes

Good day everyone, my nameā€™s Alex and Iā€™m from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. I learned about Snapmaker through Kickstarter and immediatly fell in love with the concept. I am backer number 13 on the early bird reward.

I have no previous experience with 3D printing, CNC milling or laser engraving, but Iā€™ve been working with Autocad and Fusion 360 for a long time now and canā€™t wait to put my creativness to work.

I am supposed to receive my unit next wednesday and I canā€™t wait to open that precious box.

Thanks a lot to the SnapMaker team for this opportunity and for your excellent communication.

Have an excellent day everyone :slight_smile:

Alex

5 Likes

Hi Alex

Lucky you, I shall be waiting a bit longer. This is a great forum with lots of good information already flowing. My hope is that the upbeat nature of the forum remains. Too often forums fall into pits for those who only have negative comments. We may experience problems along the way, that is the nature of new developments, however if we share experiences and comments all will be fixed directly or by clever workaround; we all benefit from a good collegiate attitude.

BTW the weather down here here is Australia is 30c, a tad warmer than where you are.

Doug

3 Likes

Jeremy here, process and product improvement at MAD elevator, but I use my 3D printes for personal projects, mainly making models, projects, testing platforms for stuff around the house.

Main project I use my other printers for is my model trains, custom jeep parts, etc.

2 Likes

Sorry for the inconvenience. The restriction was made because we want the forum to have a clearer category. So the discussion for the same topic doesnā€™t scatter around. Make sure new user read first before post a new topic. Appreciate that you share your thought here.

2 Likes

Hello to everyone here. My name is Darren from Kingston, Jamaica. My dad bought a Snapmaker printer (we got the 40th one. Whoā€™s number 1?) and Iā€™d love to start creating and learning more about it. Iā€™m currently doing an MBA and have an engineering background and Iā€™m interested in the endless possibilities of Snapmaker and 3D printing.

5 Likes

Snapmaker + Arduino + Raspberrypi = World domination 1.0. Good luck man.

Hi Celia. What number printer do you have? Good luck with creating!

I understand your reasoning. Unfortunately, for the seasoned forum users, referring to those of us who participate in forums across the web, we know and understand the first rule of search, read, and research before posting. I just fear that we end up diluting the usefulness of some threads with comments like ā€œFirst to replyā€ and other such shenanigans just so that someone can finally make a post.

I concurā€¦

first knee jerk reaction from new administrators is to ā€œlock downā€ what they do not understand or likeā€¦

Iā€™ve triedā€¦

i give upā€¦

williamā€¦

1 Like

Hi
Iā€™m Nicolas from QuĆ©bec, Canada.
I want to explore possibility of 3D printing for toys, and electronics projects.
I donā€™t have my printer yet but iā€™m realy excited.

Hi @Stefan, good luck with your raspberryPi and arduino project, Hope we will share about it :wink:

Hi @ionarch, dont worry, iā€™m at the same level, but with a little work we will be able to have a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Hey, Phil from Ontario, Canada.
Generally interest in 3D printing and making fun stuff.
Am backer 81, and just today recieved my SnapMaker! So excited for Christmas holidays to play!

All the best,

Phil

3 Likes

JƩrƓme, depuis la Belgique et je parle franƧais :wink:

3 Likes

Hello everybody!

Just wanted to say thanks for inviting me here, and I look forward to talking with all you. Iā€™ll definitely be asking for advice on ideas and methods, so I hope you can bear with me!
Thanks

2 Likes