Hi, welcome to our forum! Please introduce yourself. =)

My introduction and SEARCH for advice.

Hello fellow SnapMaker users. Allow me to introduce myself.

First off let me address my user ID. I have been asked about this in other forums that I frequent. While my children were in school they all took Spanish as a second language. Whenever their friends would come to the house they would all refer to me as Padre’ – O (a play on “Daddy – O”). My ID picture is sort of a mash-up of mine and my children’s adolescence, “Mister Natural” and “Papa Smurf”.

I am 62.5 years old, approaching retirement, married, with 4 adult children and 9 grandchildren. Having been furloughed during this pandemic, the one thing I have learned is I NEED something FUN & CREATIVE to do during retirement.

I spent over 30 years as a “Hardware Test Engineer” for a major electronic company. I programmed numerous computer controlled test systems, so I have a basic understanding of linear thinking. In my younger days I took some junior college courses in graphics design, including computer graphics (PHOTOSHOP 2d & RAYDREAM 3d).

In some of my other lesser hobbies I have noticed an increase of accessories and replacement parts available from 3D printing. During quarantine I have watched more than my share of YouTube videos about different 3D printers. The idea of a 3-in-1 type machine interested me the most.

Once I saw the “Snapmaker 2.0” videos I was hooked. The appearance of the SOLID construction, having twin rails for the “Y” axis stability, further pushed my decision. After looking at videos of the original Snapmaker, I could see the advancements the company was making. I had to jump aboard this train and see where it would lead. A visit to their website was the final step, discounted pre-order price, shipping in September. HERE TAKE MY MONEY!

So I have placed my pre-order, (Snapmaker 2.0 A350) and I’m anxiously waiting for September to come (Christmas in September?).

I now pose the question to all of you. What should I be acquiring / studying in preparation for the arrival of this wonderful machine? I’ll leave the ideas up to you and try to follow along.

Thank you everyone for your support and maybe sometime soon I can make a contribution to this wonderful forum.

Padre-O

5 Likes