Firmware update issue. any help?

Hi All,

I installed latest firmware and xyz control part stopped working. I tried using older version l do not know what was installed originally. it still doesn’t work. I have been told update each module seperate I did that too and now nothing works. My question is how do I figure out what version firmware should I use for main controller and what version on modules xyz? I tried 1.15 , 1.14 1.13 . the issue is modules do not move. I have A350. I think when I tried even older version like 1.6 I noticed modules started reponding. how do I check what version firmware is in xyz modules ? and what’s the correct version. luban doesn’t communicate anymore.
I spent so much time on this. This product doesn’t work right so many issues. Snakmaker engineers are confused. so many firmware and no source control. what goes where ? Any idea how to restore firmware will appriciate. How can I figure out what firmware to load.
thank you so much

I think there’s a button on the Luban for a macro that will machine reset (hard reset). Give that a shot, reload the new firmware, and report back.

If previous versions work, but a current version does not (Linear Modules do not work), it means:

1. You have not assembled your Snapmaker correctly. Check to make sure that all of the cables are going to the correct locations.
  2. Something is broken, and needs to be replaced. Support will need to help you with this.

For the majority of instances, #1 is the most common.

To be more specific, with some firmware version (I do not remember which) they introduced a check if all modules respond properly. Before that, even if there was some problem with the cabeling and one module did not respond via CAN bus, the machine worked, and as stepper signals still might go through, even without problems. So double check all plugs.

1 Like

Hi, Thank you for replay. cables are ok. I have been using it before. I only did the update because of new laser module I got 10w it didn’t recognise. now X module is down totally.