Dual Extrusion model not working with replacement hotend

So I didn’t touch the dual extrusion model for a long time, as I didn’t want to fiddle around with all the issues it has/had + firmware problems.

Installed it 2-3 weeks ago, went through the initial setup and tried a first print.
Nozzle clogged and while trying to take it apart, I unfortunately bent it.

Bought a replacement hotend from 3DJake, didn’t work, the printer didn’t accept it.
Got a replacement yesterday, the printer now accepts it, but now the next problem, I can’t even load filament.

If I try to heat up the left nozzle and set it to 200°C, the right nozzle starts heating up to around 150°C, then stops. Nothing happens.

Tried the old hotend, even here it doesn’t work anymore. There are no pins bent/broken or anything.

(single extruder works, so it is definitely something with the dual module)

Any advice?

Thanks for help!

ok it’s really because the plastic border on the right pin in the left hotend has broken off.

I have installed/removed the hotend less than 5 times.

A bad joke for the price that is charged here for the dual module.

Make a support request and get a replacement part.
support@snapmaker.com

1 Like

The broken board isn’t an issue. Check and make sure the pins are seated ok and it’ll work.

One of mine had a broken border. No issues. I’m using it right now. But the pins do shift…

Sure it still works but this is a fundamental design flaw. An absolute no-go for something at that price level.

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t know you were just complaining. Contact support. They’ll send you a replacement.