Door detection cannot be turned off at all

I’m trying to print a birthday present - I already made a version yesterday but hat too little contrast so I decided to redo the job today but I absolutely cannot get the machine to start the laser properly.

I’ve tried time and time again to disable the door detection but every time the laser starts printing its not leaving a single mark on the workpiece.
The laser is on, but its about as bright as when running the boundary check.

I tried searching here, I tried reversing the cable, updated firmware and Luban - as I said it was working yesterday - altho it was also buggy then:

When I tried to start the job yesterday I was only able to disable door detection from inside Luban, when I tried on the machines touchscreen it would do the same thing as now.
But unfortunately today, every time I try to disable the door detection in Luban, the button just greys out and cannot be clicked afterwards anymore.

If anyone got any tips or knows how to fix this, please let me know! I’m kinda desperate and very frustrated at this point as the print needs 7h and I’m really running out of time at this point :frowning:

I was now able to trick the machine into thinking the door is closed by taping two magnets to the inside of the machine at the door detection module thanks to this thread

But this only confirms my assumption that this must be a software issue - the Door detection module is working perfectly fine, I was able to run M1010 in the Luban Console and it was showing the right door state even right after the machine booted (with one door open)
but it still wouldn’t let me use the laser.

Now with the magnets taped to the Door Detection module and door detection actually enabled the laser is working normal - I just hope that none of the magnets will fall of in the next 7 hours

Figured I’d drop my comment here from another similar thread:

If you don’t have magnets handy you can unscrew the sensor and wedge it between the door you plan on closing and the enclosure frame (line the plastic connector up with the groove for extra stability). I threw a piece of painter’s tape over for good measure but it lit all 4 lights this way and seems to bypass the door sensor (ran a test cut).

Note: this obviously only works if you’re still closing one of the doors. I am working with a 12"x24" piece of ply and need the small door open to process this sheet.

Lastly, this is a temp fix for folks needing to get up and running. I would still order a couple neo magnets from Amazon and afix those however you see fit.

Just found out about this bug. Wasted half my night trying to figure it out.

Snapmaker can you please fix this? If I want door detection I’ll turn it on.

Darn near ruined a short notice product.

Thanks to everyone in this thread who came up with a work around! I guess what I couldn’t figure out is why when I downgraded to a firmware/Luban copy that was known to be working before (1.14.3, Luban 4.4) it still wasn’t working. That’s super confusing to me.

That door safety is pushing up my blood pressure to new high levels ! impossible to fix on my Artisan and no working replacements until now from support, impossible to bypass. So, please Snapmakers , forget about this safety procedure in the firmware if your hardware is so unreliable , its frustrating , or better: give us a software to use that machine, until now mine is just useless because of a non working safety procedure for kids that just makes me regret to be your customer . I tried everything imaginable, even changed the door mechanism, : result :0 . so I do not know if the laser works, I never could reach that step until now. Please : give us a different firmware or a reliable hardware !

While you did necro this thread a little bit, I’ll post this for anyone that comes here looking for the info. On the Snapmaker 2.0, bypassing the door switch is rather simple. I can’t say if it works on the Artisan (I don’t have one), but it can’t hurt to try.

EDIT: Also it seems you’re searching and posting your dismay in every thread that mentions a problem with the door. This is counter-productive and if you truly have a major issue, you should speak mostly to support about possibly returning it, or starting a logical thread to try resolving your issue. Just yelling about it being a bad product doesn’t help anyone.

I try since 10 days with their support and I do have no result, I bought tools to measure and try to comply with their suggestions in support, I changed the door contact, - as that was the first thing support suggested and send me a replacement. - It changed nothing, I moved the magnets multiple times, I repeated all steps XX times in case I would have missed something or made a possible mistake. And just now I have tried the command line suggested here. But nothing helped until now. I made a mail to ask them to exchange the enclosure command electronics and the cables, - and the exhauster that does also not work - I still wait for an answer.
I would be immensely grateful just to become a satisfied customer with a good product , but the bottom line till now is that I do have a faulty hardware and a firmware that does not allow to bypass that.

You mentioning the exhaust fan also not working leads me to believe it’s either the cables, connecting ports, or controller. I assume you’ve gone back over the entire assembly, unplugged and replugged all connections and verified they’re located in the proper position.

The last thing you could try is to unplug the enclosure entirely and see if that works.

1 Like

exactly , Thanks again for your support !
well, I did that and I did it multiple times. unplug the cables or the enclosure cable changes nothing. I checked all videos or notices if ever I did a mistake. I bought a multimeter for electronics and it seems that the enclosure controller does not show the 5V tension it should . I had multiple mail exchange with support . I also asked them for a command to bypass that door safety. First I focus on the door controller , replaced it, checked all cables and connexions, even replaced the cables with the door controller. I found that I can switch on or of the lights, that work properly , but the exhauster does not start with the software command. So that leaves me with the enclosure controller working for the lights but not for the door or the exhauster, or the connecting cable to the command unit. it does not sound very logical that one connexion from the enclosure command works and the 2 other do not, but…
I asked them to send me a working part. anyway, if there would be a bypass option for the time I wait for the replacement parts it would have changed everything

Yea. Sounds like a hardware issue.

I replaced the door mechanism , the enclosure electronics and the connecting cable
I found the problem: inside the connecting cable one small cable of 4 was not transmitting
after replacing all everything worked
UFF

I took the door sensor apart and discovered that there are two sensors per door, each with an LED.
while trying back and forth, i noticed that a magnet was missing on one of the doors.

I provisionally attached a refrigerator magnet.