Bypassing Enclosure Security

In a thread about trying to engrave something long enough you need the enclosure door open, found here;

I knew it used to work fine, but wanted to do some testing. Discovered a way to do it. My post with the original details are found here;

For a TL;DR, the gcode M1010 controls the enclosure as documented here. A typo lead me to finding an undocumented one.

S10 Sets the flag on the door to open.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 151623

S11 Sets the flag on the door to closed.
Screenshot 2023-11-25 151650

This switches the flag, regardless of the actual state of the door. You can force it to re-poll the sensor by using M12 to refresh it, as stated in the gcode reference.
You can use this by inputting it in the console in Luban. Useful for running longer objects, or the door sensor on your enclosure gets damaged.
BE SAFE. WEAR GOGGLES, KEEP DOORS CLOSED, ETC . Iā€™m not responsible for any injuries.

1 Like

Or, you could just get a magnet and tape it over the door sensor.

While that would work, as I put in my original discovery thread, it only helps with a functional enclosure. If you have a fault or other problem with the sensor, this allows you to bypass it. I also find sending a single gcode command a lot easier than sticking tape and magnets to my machine, itā€™s just more elegant, and I can automate it a bit by forcing a refresh at the end of my gcode file to ensure the door is back to its proper state without leaving residue.