Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

Hi, how is it going, do you get any results?

I used this whole 3d printing thing to buy grade B sizing blocks :slight_smile: (cause i wanted to prove my other tools were accurate, i think it was pointless, but was a learning exercise)

Can’t wait to see the determination of what his issue is.

I am still bothered by my x = 19.89 y= 19.95 and z = 20.33 when my flow is 100% perfect on a flow test cube at 100% flow rate 
 (exactly 0.40 width).

@WilliamBosacker i was wondering that, i can’t recall what i did the cube on, probably Luban but will need to check

Oh and i am using your profiles on prusa, made a couple of tweaks :wink:

I updated to the most recent versions of both Luban and the firmware last night and now I’m having an issue where when I go to print, the bed won’t hold the temperature.

I can set the temps on the touch pad and they’ll heat up just fine, but when I start a job, the bed’s temp starts falling and refuses to go back up to where it needs to be. If I cancel the job to try starting over, it freezes and I have to power cycle the machine.

I had this issue before and one way I could get around it was connecting to the machine inside of Luban and setting the nozzle and bed temps there and the bed temp wouldn’t fall; it would stay right where it needed to. Now, I can set the nozzle temp in Luban, but the bed temp command won’t respond at all.

This morning I tried going back and installing previous firmware versions all the way back to 1.10, but the bed temp issue persists. I have no idea what to do.

Hi all,

Just updated software, now it won’t create toolpath for vectors, any help is really appreciated.

:frowning:
Why do they break everything on every update

Can you roll back?

@MooseJuice im just going to stick with 1.12.2 lol

That’s not a firmware problem.
It’s a Luban problem - if it’s not user error, which it probably is.

@wca20 They’ve changed how you have to select and create toolpaths slightly.
You need to share more info with us. Share screenshots or the file you’re trying to use.
You may need to use offsite image hosting since you’re a new forum member.
-S

Which part? The tool path? I was referring more to the heated bed issue, I apologize for not explaining more. I actually have no idea how Luban does tool paths as I’ve used Aspire from the very beginning. So I’m not sure how to help there.

I was referring to @wca20 's post and @MooseJuice 's reply.
His issue is Luban, not firmware, so his post actually shouldn’t be in this topic.

-S

2 Likes

i need help i did the update two days ago on my snapmaker A350 on touchscreen firmware and since then my files are not supported from usb and i connect my computer and the machine through wifi and transfer files it says transfer complete i tjen look at the local file on touchscreen and nothing is there idk what to do been stuck and suggestions?
i need help i did the update two days ago on my snapmaker A350 on touchscreen firmware and since then my files are not supported from usb and i connect my computer and the machine through wifi and transfer files it says transfer complete i tjen look at the local file on touchscreen and nothing is there idk what to do been stuck and suggestions?

@ay593556 You have to make your own post about troubleshooting!
Make some pictures and post it there

Good luck!

Complaints since February about snapped bits caused by Z0 before XY transition have not been addressed. It’s now Mid-August and the same thing still happens to me: tears through part of my work piece and snaps the brand new expensive down cut bit before I get any use out of it. Moving Z last would at least save the bit. When is this going to get fixed?

Definitely should be something that they fix.
It’s actually a Luban/gcode issue and not a firmware one though.
You should file a issue request here:

Workarounds:
Edit your g-code manually.
or
Raise up and move bit above starting point before hitting start
or
use Fusion 360 to create toolpaths.

-S

Hi, if there is something wrong with the Luban or firmware update, please send an email to support@snapmaker.com and we will help you out. Thanks

Hi, Turned on my snapmaker after holiday and was about to finally test the rotary module.
New firmware message pop-up, so I just upgraded to the latest version. Upgrade finished fine. BUT 

Then when now my homing does not function anymore.
The z axis moves up and then does not stop but hits the travel limit and starts making noise like crazy. :frowning: :astonished:
Seriously ? Why did I upgrade. Stupid, stupid 
 every time I have only problems with the machine after upgrades. I will leave the rotary module packed and need to get this resolved first. :roll_eyes:
Any help to fix this would be nice.

Edit:
After a close look in the machine settings, it now states that the machine is A150, but I have a A250 !
So the update was not OK. Update procedure over internet looks nice, but does not function properly.
I don’t understand. How could this happen ?
How do I fix this ???

Update: After lots and lots of tests, it looks like one of my cables is defect. Which is causing the machine to malfunction. New cable should arrive soon and I hope that this will solve all problems I had

Thanks Potter for your help diagnosing this problem)

1 Like

Hi i’m using snapmaker 2.0 350 and update all the modules with the latest software, also Luban.
I’m using my snapmaker in a different room than my pc with Luban software.my finding and first impression. ( 3d print)
a) after connection with Wifi to snapmaker, no longer confirmation needed. from the display " top"
b) after generation Gcode, a file code will be generated with a lot of digits, " bad"; why not the first digits, the file name as on you’re pc , and e.g. the last 4 digits as a version
number
c) After sending the gcode via wifi to snapmaker on Luban," file successful send" then on the display of snapmaker also the message " 
" “ok so far"But can’t start the 3 d print not on luban, not on the display. " bad” need first give the command " disconnect", then it says “ready to start” in the previous version it will start, the last saved file, received from luban. Now I’ve to open the filemap, to select the file you want to print. But it’s not there. need to go back and then again to the files. the last saved file is now visible." bad", with a lot of numbers, instead of a file name and version number etc. gambling is it now on top of the list, or on the bottom or an alphabetic sort??
conclusion 1 step forward, 3 steps back according user interface

1 Like

Why when I check my machine for firmware updates, it says “I have the Latest” but I don’t. A new update has been out but my machine says I have the latest. I don’t want to update via USB, I can but I want to update via WIFI.

They need to place the new firmware build on the download repo, which they aparently have not done yet.

@Melitta_Snapmaker can someone check to ensure that the latest firmware build is on the download repo?