Discussion of Snapmaker 2.0 Firmware Updates

Hi all,
just updated to 1.13.2 and see the feature that LED strip can be set to “on” on boot/power on - I really like that! Thanks Snapmaker-team!
Ah, and also see that GCode command answers are now also coming back via network connection (at least some, more to come) - this is highly appreciated!
I love how the software slowly but constantly matures! Keep up the good work!
Cheers
Hauke

1 Like

Clarification: I’m talking specifically about Luban here and not firmware.

Personally, I don’t really see much change. If anything it’s actually worse, they completely broke the laser functionality with 4.x, it’s only outputting like 15% power regardless of what it’s told to. No added features, they just keep updating the UI without actually adding or fixing anything.

1 Like

I would agree the firmware is definitely maturing. Unfortunately it’s sometimes a 2 steps forward, one step back situation. They fix a couple things and break another.

Luban on the other hand I agree. Since I don’t have a rotary module and pretty much only use it for laser and to transfer files over wifi, I just stick with 3_14_0.

-S

3 Likes

That’s a big part of the problem for someone like me who is relatively new to all this… you never know if it’s something you are doing wrong or if it is a bug in the software!

4 Likes

Here’s a wish of mine: With my most recent print I had mid-print quite some need to adjust print cooling fan speed and flow rate, but the controls do not offer this from the touch screen mid print. I’d really appreciate if you could add this!

3 Likes

Transmitting laserfile from Luban 4.1.1. to 350T (1.14.1) WHILE still buzy printing previous…New file gets accepted…screen confirms and asks for disconnect…doing that abandons running job and system gets stuck,reboot needed.

Keep up the good work… TIA

Adding background under camera capture does not work with Snapmaker 2.0 A350 and current Luban program. It will sometimes pick up one picture (usually no picture) and then just stops. Adding the background was a good feature and I would like to see it working again.

Place a sheet of paper under your object and close the housing door if present.

Same issue here with 1.14.1 Firmware. Laser Camera Capture not working on A350T. The head moves to the usual position to capture first square image and the process just stops.
I have downgraded immediately as I am using Laser now, so I am not aware of other bugs/improvements

Current firmware bug. Adjusting e.g. table temperature before start does not work any more. Actual value remains at Luban setting.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are saying here. If I change the bed temperature on the touchpad, the temperature changes to whatever I set it to. If you leave that screen, both the nozzle and the bed heaters turn off. Is that what you are saying?

have you tried hard power off, i have had multiple weird issues for example just this minute…

started a print job from touchscreen the machine telling me it can’t print the print job due to ‘machine settings’, dumping me out of print job back to home screen

but it puts head to 0,0,0 and tells anything connected by serial its printing (it isn’t)

hard power pull fixed it though it offered to start the non-job when i plugged the power back in…

On the Start Screen I loaded a Luban file requiring a table temperature of 85 ºC. I wanted to change that to 70 ºC on the Touch Screen.

• Pressed Adjust
  • Selected Table temperature
  • Set table at 70 ºC
  • Returned to Start menu

Found table temperature still at 85 ºC.

Regards.

If you set the bed temperature to 70C after the bed has already heated up to 85C does it exhibit the same behavior?

I’m wondering if this is due to changing the bed temperature on the touch screen between the “set temperature to x” and “wait until heated to x” commands in the gcode.

Does this mean that you hadn’t started printing yet? I’m having trouble understanding the exact steps that you have taken. You can’t adjust the temperature until AFTER the Gcode setting(s) have been executed while printing. From what you are describing above, it sounds like you haven’t started printing yet?

If you change the temperature BEFORE the Gcode setting(s) have executed, the Gcode will override anything that you’ve set on the TouchPad.

Actually you can. But there are a few caveats.

• If you start a new printjob from the touchscreen you can adjust the workspeed and temperatures before you actually start the job. This works with some important remarks:
    • The initial temp setting in the gcode file will be changed to what you have set on the touch screen
    • As soon as a new temp is set in the gcode file, this will take over again. Usually this means for the first layer and after that it’s again what is in the gcode file as most slicers adjust the temp after the first (few) layers.
  • If you already pressed start, but everything is still heating (so the actual printing hasn’t started yet) and then swipe from right to left to adjust the settings
    • it will first heat to the temp in the gcode file. That’s because most slicers use M190 to set the bed temp and then wait for that to be reached before continuing. It’s a blocking command and is not interrupted by setting a new temp on the touch screen.
    • otherwise you should use M140 which sets the temp but doesn’t wait/block. But in that case you’ll end up printing on a cold bed because the heating takes time
  • If the actual printing has already started, changes will have effect immediately
    • but only until there is a new command in the gcode file that would set a new temperature. In general this doesn’t happen unless after the first (few) layers. or unless you’re printing a temp tower or something.

So basic rules:

• temp settings are set immediately after the current running gcode command is finished. Think of a change of temp on the touch screen as the screen inserting an extra M140 (in the case of the bed) after the line it was currently printing. Hence it doesn’t change immediately after a blocking command like M190.
  • temp settings on the touch screen only last until a new command in the gcode file sets a new value
1 Like

I did not press start before pressing adjust. I wil test the effect of adjusting after pressing start. Anyway the start and adjust button are both active before pressing start which seems logical to me: adjust before start printing.

It’s something that you’ll learn and understand better, as your experience increases. It is available prior to hitting Start to allow you to preheat, and the Gcode will take over once you start the print. Once started you can make changes, and so can the Gcode.

can we get a repeat button on jobs so i dont have to constantly go and select the file and start again. its a double pain on rotary as you have to also then re-enter dimensions etc…

1 Like

I have the same problem as Snapjehet. In the version before this i could change the temp before pressing start. when i do that now it doesn’t change. i can set it from 240 to 245 and then go back to the screen where i can press start. It will not udate the temp in there and also not when pressed start. when you go back to change settings it is also back to the initial temp.
This wasn’t in the versions before as i used it a lot before this.

1 Like